When to switch from cfls to 600 Watt MH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DrewwwChainz, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys. Wondering when I should switch my seedlings over from using cfls to my 600 watt metal halide setup. Dealt with some really annoying stretching when I tried to start with the MH light

2. [​IMG]
    A pic is good!

I relocate mine at about 2.5 weeks

start it high and lower daily until you are in the zone

a fan is good

3. re chart: above

use the 400w settings and add 25% of that again

good luck

4. Thanks man!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm a bit worried about starting it high after dealing with some bad stretching early on.

6. Stretch is normal and in my grows desired

it makes it very difficult for mold spores to form

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. I start my seedlings under two 600's one hps and one mh both turned down to 50% brightness, works for me no stretch at all. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice. I think when my seedlings are a few days older and look like your top pic I'll put them under the 600. Those plants are awesome. What size are those pots in the 2nd pic? Are they cloth pots?

9. Thanks, yeah that sounds like a good idea, only place them under the light when "you" feel like they're ready...And yes those are smart pots 10 gallon each.

10. Thanks for your help. I popped 5 seeds. 2 widow, 2 royal dwarf, 1 blueberry. They're all auto and supposed to flower around 8 weeks. I think it will be a quick lifespan for them. Do you think I'll be okay putting them in 5 gal cloth pots? Should I micro top them? Going to try to do a lot of LST. Any extra tips for me?

11. Personally I've never grown autos but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to top them only LST, but don't quote me on that one, 5 gallon pots sounds like a good choice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMG_1170.JPG Here is a current pic. Day 15 from seed

• Like Like x 1