When to switch fertilizers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by full melt, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Im growing outdoors this year and I need to know when I should switch from a veg fertilizer to a bloom fertilizer. I have heard that the best time to switch is when the plant is 2ft tall but that does not seem very accurate.

I will give some almighty rep to anyone who can shed some light onto this noob question.

Thanks...

2. u dont need to switch...nutes are nutes...just add sprinkle some nutes on top of the soil 3 times a week

3. Really?

3 times a week seems a bit excessive.

To add a bit of info I am using the shitz organic fertilizers. The growth blend is 7-4-4 and the bloom blend is 1-11-1.

4. ok. 1 time a week should be fine. u can tell if ur plant needs it bad sometimes

5. I usually use veg nutes up until the summer solstice, and as the days become shorter, I use a 50/50 mixture of veg/bloom nutes until there is 14 hours of sunlight daily. At that point, I switch to full bloom nutes until 2 weeks before harvest.

I wouldn't go by the 2 foot method......you want them to have the proper nutriton to maximize growth during the the longest light days of the year. When the days become shorter, the hormonal responses of the plant change it's requirements in nutrition. That is why I mix both veg and bloom nutes, for about a month, then go to straight bloom nutes for the final late bloom phase. Hope this info helps.

6. Disagree. I use BioCanna organic nutes, which are sold in Crecimiento and Floracion versions. The NPK ratios are different.
    Once my ladies start flowering I switch to Floracion. Pretty obvious really.

7. ^Zactly. If MJ has two distinct grow stages (vegging and flowering), and nutes come in two varieties (vegging and flowering, with obvious differences between them), then how could one conclude that "nutes are nutes"?

And you don't sprinkle it on the soil.

And you don't feed 3x per week.

8. damn you were serious too

listen to chunk and cantharis they know what their talking about