When to start using bloom booster?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spanish Dan, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I've just bought some Humboltd Nutrients Ginormous bloom booster and was wondering when to start using it. Grandpa's guide says around six weeks into flowering, but the directions that come with it (and there are very few) seems to suggest as long a they are flowering.
    I have five plants, all outdoors, between two and four weeks into flowering and looking good :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd follow the directions. I'm pretty sure Ginormous is designed to be used throughout flowering up to the last 7 to 10 days. Knowing when to use more or less is what is important, but you can run some level of it the whole way though.

Here are my feelings about the bloom cycle.
    Week 1: Highest PPM's of the grow. Good time to use a bloom initiator like Bud Blood.
    Week 2: Increased needs for K, Mg. I like Humboldt Nutrients Sea Mag, and Deuce-Deuce.
    Week 3: Increased needs for P, Ca. Supplementing calcium here is important for healthy cellular growth, the phosphates help with calcium mobility.
    Week 4: Increased needs for P, K, and Mg. Good time for a bloom booster like PK 13/14, or any PK dominant system.
    Week 5: Increased needs for Ca and Mg. Good time to flush out
    Week 6: Decreased needs for NPK and Ca. Good time for Bloom enhancers like Gravity, Bushmaster, Purplemaxx, etc.
    Week 7: Increased PK needs.
    Week 8: All nutrients less required
    Week 9: Lowest ppms of the grow
    Week 10: Flushing