When To Start Topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by justinboo, Jun 12, 2014.

1. #1 justinboo, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Original question: Can topping be a hinderance to the plants growth?

Response: Let the plant grow 4 stretches of leaves before you do, that way the plant has some strength and sturdiness. These are a friends fathers words, I couldn't find the answer from an experienced grower online and found it today. I hope this helps other noobies like me,

2. #2 justinboo, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Second question: If a male were to appear growing, is it possible to groom the plant of its pollen and let grow alongside the females? The reason i wonder is because in most life, there is a ... Bond. Between males/females. I do know that plants communicate, so much like having an Alpha Male, the females will eventually fight and try to be the best! Haha. So i kind of look at this as a lab expirement, if any other people know please continue the discussion,, Are there positive effects on a female plant, that can remain female? And not get pollinated?

3. if you think a plant is male get rid of it ASAP there is no way safely i know of to "remove" the pollen. unless you are breeding you don't want a male anywhere in the vicinity of your females.

And yes after the 4th or fifth "Node" of growth you can top it. Auto's are not reccomended to top and from personal experience I can say it's not a great idea. Just make sure you google topping cannabis and know what you are doing beforehand.