When to start outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Magiggle, Dec 18, 2011.

1. hey everybody! i am preparing for my upcoming outdoor grow for 2012 and was pondering a gooid start date, i was thinking the start of april-end of april im not for sure tho.

does anybody with experience wanna share when they plant there seedlings/clones and stick em outside.?

Im near toronto ontario.:wave:

2. Couldnt tell you for your area but I plan to start mine indoor in early february and then move them outdoors when the threat of frost is gone. For me that will be around early may.

3. Ontario? Dude you'll be lucky if you can get your plants out by the end of may. I would Pre-veg inside if you want a decent harvest.

4. I think they should be good, i plan on having them about 6 inches-a foot tall when they go outside

5. mine always go outside by 2nd or 3rd week of may

6. it takes 30-45 days to get 1 foot thick plants from indoors (seed) for me. Calculate the last frost and substract to know when to sow. Also adjust the schedule outdoors (number of day light hours) to what you have indoors + 1 hour. They can flower if you take them from 24 indoors to 15 out or 18 to 15... I use 16 hours from day 1 until they go out in May. It is 15 hours outdoors for me in beg. May so they don't feel the difference. I give them gradual sun in the first days out. I also use slug repellant in the first months of being outdoors.

7. How do you calculate your last frost? And sweet

8. You go to google...and type in..."Last frost in...wherever you live." Lol...people really need to be spoon fed these days. Just because they are 6in-1ft when you throw them out there doesn't mean they will surely survive. Also, be sure to slowly get them acclimated, don't just throw them outside one day and expect them to keep growing.

9. [quote name='"Magiggle"']hey everybody! i am preparing for my upcoming outdoor grow for 2012 and was pondering a gooid start date, i was thinking the start of april-end of april im not for sure tho.

does anybody with experience wanna share when they plant there seedlings/clones and stick em outside.?

Im near toronto ontario.:wave:[/quote]

Sprout 1st day of spring, top twice, transplant mid may.... I love spring.

10. [quote name='"Magiggle"']hey everybody! i am preparing for my upcoming outdoor grow for 2012 and was pondering a gooid start date, i was thinking the start of april-end of april im not for sure tho.

Im near toronto ontario.:wave:[/quote]

My last frost here is mid to late April

11. i hate arguing im just stating my opinion, first of all i live in ontario. i put mine out around may 1st this grow. i couldve put them out april 15th or so . i dont know why evreyone sometimes hates on ontario lol

to op check your weather daily in april to see what the night time temps are like also check when your light will be in veg mode. if you put them out april 1st or so theyll flower youll have to wait till around may till the light is back to veg

12. It really depends on the year msad, one year could be April 15st...the next could be June1st. Just got to watch the weather really.

13. yea i hear ya WMF , i just have a good feeling about this coming summer the weather where im at has been insanley weird very very mild and at sometimes warm

14. You need to wait until the daylength exceeds 14 hours for your latitude. This will be sometime in May for most growers in the northern latitudes. Planting too early will cause early flowering, then reversal before fall harvest. Corto's advice about keeping the indoor veg lighting close to the outdoor photoperiod at transplant will also help keep the plants from reversing when the days become longer.

PW