when to start lst??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grows24/7, May 3, 2017.

1. I wondered when to start lst ing my 3 and a half week old auto.
    I have read a lot on lst and understand the concept, but do I just bend the main cola down (there is clearly only one ATM) or bend fan leaves down?
    Also does anyone know why the second set of leaves have strechted quite far outwards? I've had my CFL the right distance.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'd say you could start LST now, I like to wait till there a little bigger, but each to their own.

As for the question about leaves, if you've had your CFL at the right distance probably genetics of the plant wouldnt worry too much about it.

3. I wait until the plant has 4-5 nodes, then I top and start bending. First is main stem, bent over and tied. I also move leaves out of the way and gently secure, I use long pipe cleaners. At first it's just developing the small growth , as they get bigger and longer mine are spread out and tied in a kind of star shape .
    If something that isn't going to grow bud is shadowing something that will it gets moved!

4. Might wanna top at 3rd or 4th node 1st

5. I start sooner than the one in your pic, but I don't top it when it's that young.

IMG_20170429_224404.jpg

6. Yea you definitely need to wait to top it

7. It's an auto so won't be topping or any hst :/

8. It's an auto so wont be topping this one

9. Yea toppin autos is a no no musta glanced past that part

10. As far as lst goes id think you would need more growth before you start trying to arrange colas

11. It's best to bend the plant while it's still pliable, if you wait too long you can snap the stem. That why I start when they're around a week old or so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I havent read much on lst as far as autos go i guess cause you cant top you gotta bend it when u can