When to start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RecStoner, Dec 22, 2011.

1. If I had a clone that just rooted, about 6 inches tall, how long should I veg it before going to flower?

I seem to always veg too long and I don't see huge buds.

Soil Grow, T5 Lighting

2. Its a personal preference. How big/small u want ur plant. 2 Mo the vg, 2months flower works for me.

3. This doesnt make sense. the LONGER you grow your plant, the LARGER your buds will grow. That is if your giving them the right mix of water, air, nutrients, and the correct environment.

4. This is because of inadequate lighting. You veg too long and your light doesn't penetrate canopy to the lower bud sites.

5. I'll have to adjust my lights too then. :)

6. Or you could get some REAL lights that will actually flower your plants?

7. yea man, t5 for the veg, get your self a nice HPS for flower, issue solved lol

8. Not possible for me.

9. Then buy a shitload of CFL's and surround your plant. Or more T5's...you are not getting enough lumens per square foot causing your plant to photosynthesize much slower. This means it can't get nutrients to the buds which they need in order to grow and get bigger. What nutrient line you using?

10. I added 4 lights and I am ordering 2700K bulbs for the T5 unit, they are currently 6500K.

I added a string of CFL's too between the branches, I used them before so I had them already set up.

11. yes i agree with the other guys...more light = bigger/more buds! goin through a grow myself im prob gonna flower when they hit about 12 inches and i just ordered a 400 watt hps light.

12. MAD CFL's Added Today :)