when to start flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by richd, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I have 2 Blue Mystic on the go and want to know when to start flowering. I read that usually when it is 1/3rd of the height you want it to grow. Is this right.:wave:

2. You can flip to 12/12 lighting whenever you want, the longer you veg the more budsites you will have developed and thus the bigger your harvest. Training techniques like LST let you control the height.

3. #3 BudFlow, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
    True for the most part. Do your research on the strain you are going to grow...some strains grow taller than others. I have a strain atm that only grows to 3 1/2 feet tall. True low stress training does control height but don't over do it or you'll split your stalks. Can also super crop or scrog to help with height issues. All depends on your grow area an how much room you got to work with as to which method to try.

4. i had the same question, so i topped mine so its like 1 foot tall to the split and the now two main stems are about 3 inchs tall, think i should start flowering now since i dont have a lot more space for height in my new grow cabnit?