When to start digging holes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Higher_Purpose, Mar 21, 2015.

1. #1 Higher_Purpose, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    So as every one knows. Spring is now here. I've already found my three spots for my GG. Since this is my first one I wouldn't know a few things. Tried to google it and couldn't find an answer, so I came here. When in the outdoor season should you start to dig your holes?

Any pictures are not my own and are pictures I found on an image search engine. All posts are fictional. I DO NOT sell/cultivate or participate in any illegal activities what so ever and will not be held liable for anything that I say on these forums.

2. Anytime is fine as long as the ground isn't still frozen. The sooner you get it done the less you'll be stressed about having to do it and you'll be able to put them right in the ground when it's warm enough.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

3. You can dig holes anytime. If you are building your own soil it needs a month plus to breakdown and cyles before plants after planted in it. If you live in the us the best time to plant is Mothers day to June 1. If you are growing from seeds they can go out a few weeks sooner. If you are using clones or plants month old plants from seed, planting them too soon can cause early flowering which will end up causing the plant to be stunned decreasing its yield and quality.

4. Start digging now.. The sooner you dig your holes the better... once the ground softens up as Deepthree said I try to get out there and dig holes so I don't have to do it later. If I get my holes dug by April 1st I can fill it with my soil mix and let any composted materials break down for about a month before I plant in there. 

5. Remember holes are permanent...

Make sure those holes are going to be good from start to finish...

Can't move them if they don't finish in time, or if it's just a bad spot...

Holes are nice. Big large plants... But sometimes they are tough...

6. Dig yer holes now. Do all yer prep in winter early spring.
    its easier to haul up yer soil when the bush is dormant..it'll give ya time for yer soil to cook...and as spring comes in full the foliage will cover yer trail as it grows.
    And yes holes are permanent. ..u can use post holes as archeological evidence of settlement.
    I know a failed grow spot ( not mine) right by the main river. He had about 10 holes. And 5years after i found em they still look ready to use..but too close to trail, river an road.