When to start counting weeks of flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by A Bomb, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Do you start counting weeks of flowering the day you switched to 12/12 lighting cycle or the day the plant showed sex??? What do YOU do?

2. I never count the days,once they are flowering i let them go till it's time.
    Some take 7 weeks,some take 10 weeks.All depends on the plant.
    I do go about 6 weeks of veg,just to let them get nice before budding.:smoking:

3. I usually wait a week or two if the plant is from seed, although if its a clone from my mature WW plant i usually start counting the days 3-4days after switching the lights too 12/12.

although its varied by strain i tend to wait until small small budlets appear at the tip top.

Does all that make any sense?

4. You don't count the weeks. You determine if it's ready to pick by examining the trichomes under a 20 or 30 power magnifer. When half to two thirds of the trichomes start turning amber it is time to pick. Even with all plants being the same strain some will mature faster than others.

It doesn't hurt to count the weeks, but that's just as a guideline. In that case you start the day you go to 12/12.

5. #5 larryg420, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    Like oldskoolgrower said.I have one strain that some are ready in 7 weeks and others are ready in 10 weeks or longer.Right now i have one that is a few days away from cutting and it's been flowering for just about 8 weeks.
    The tri's are milky and the pistils are 50%.She has just filled out to the max and i will cut her in 2 days.
    I've had some that were ready in 7 weeks and were great and some that were ready in 12 weeks and were fantastic.

6. I wasnt using the weeks as a guide to harvest, I have a 30-100x scope, I am just wondering, because I am using non organic nutes (Tiger Bloom) and want to flush a week maybe more before harvest, At the rate I am at now I water once every 3 or 4 days, so I may need to get at least 3 good nothing but ph'd water waterings in before harvest, If you go by the day you switched to 12/12 my lady is at 21 days, I figure by week 6 start flushing, Maybe some molasses once or twice

7. When about 30-40% of your trichs are amber start to flush with pHed water. Molasses is good, it helps them build nice flavorful carbs in the flowers.

8. #8 A Bomb, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
    Thanks for the info, updated pics below, I have done some lst to keep kind of an even canopy and it seems to be working.

9. Looking good.

10. Great job spreading the canopy bro
    You should be proud of your multi-tops! :D

Peace

11. how much molasses?

12. I will use a tsp per 1/2 gallon