When To Start Counting The Weeks?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by calisol, Aug 28, 2014.

1. question about when to start counting the weeks of vegitation and flowering.

do I start to count the weeks of vegitation from the day the seed germinates in a glass of water? or maybe when it has its first set of serated leaves?

and how about flowering? do I start to count the weeks of flowering once I see the first pre-flowers?

your incite is much appreciated!

Thank you,

2. I count from when they break ground and go 4-6 weeks from then. I count flower from when I go 12/12

3. nice one old dude! that makes things simple.

One thing I forget to meantion is that I am doing autoflowers.  when would you start counting the flowering phase if doing auto and keeping the lights steady at 18/6?

Let me know if you have any experience with that. Thanks! 

4. [SUB]I dont count days for autos, they do it their way. I use them as fillers for my photo girls. so what light I have my regular girls in is what they get. 18/6 or 12/12. mh or hps    [/SUB]

5. Vegging starts the day they break the surface of the soil. Or whatever medium they are in, when they first show their face.

Flowering starts after their first 12 hours of darkness.

Autos are counted from the day they break the surface. Their hatch to harvest times vary a little but 70-80 days is about right