When to start adding nutrients?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bwayney, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How do you know when it’s time?

I always use Fox Farm Ocean Forest out here in the PnW, and it seems to make the plants happy enough for a couple of months and into the beginning stages of flowering, with just water and sunlight. However they soon after start turning yellow and leaves start dying away.

I have this relatively happy plant that’s had nothing but soil, water and sunshine for 2 months. However, some leaves are starting to get a little more yellow-green, and some bottom leaves are yellowing.

At what point does the soil nutes wear off, and at what point should I add some nutrients? Does liquid bloom work?

here’s the plant.

2. Here:

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ocean Forest is great stuff, but it's recommended to start nutrients about 4 to 6 weeks out. It looks to me like your plant is hungry and more than ready for nutes. You will get differences in opinions when it comes to nutrients, but I use FloraNova Grow and Bloom. Always been happy with their products. Can't help you with liquid bloom as I've never used it. You are close enough now to start introducing Bloom nutes, like the one pictured. I run about 2 ounces per gallon and each of my plants get one gallon every week. They seem to be VERY happy with that. Just my 2 cents.

Your plant looks great, now spoil her.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

4. I'm an organic grower and I mix up my soil with veg nutes...then top dress right away with a bloom nutrient. That way its broke down and available to the plant when flowering takes place. I just top dressed again one more time so that it should be available the whole rest of the season.

5. So my plants definitely need to be watered every 3-4 days. They are in 5 gallon buckets. And what I meant by liquid bloom, was only that it was in liquid form.

May I ask how you water your plants? I usually will pour a little bit and let that sink in for a couple minutes, and then slowly pour the rest in, taking small 15 second intervals.

6. Nothing fancy for me. Slowly poured tap water every morning. We live in consistent heat, so about 1 gallon per plant per day, then on Sunday morning they get their nutes.