When to start 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokenMaintain, Apr 16, 2007.

1. my buddy and I has got 2 plants growin rite now adn theyre lookin pretty healthy.

We have limited growing space, so i don't know when to flower cuz i herd that you got to wait for preflowers and sex to show first. One of them is at 2 feet while the otha one is half its size

Both are same age coming at 1 month a week and 3 days

2. If I do decide to flower at this stage because im aware of plants doublin in size is 40 watts of floro tubes enuff for them or even close to being enuff?

I herd the amount of lite depends on size of yield, so will plants flower at all or if they do very little of it?

3. You can flower almost anytime you want. You should just wait for maybe 5 or 6 nodes. Anytime after that, you can flower by switching the lights. The shorter the plant, generally, the lighter the yield. Although there is a limit.

40 watts of fluoro tube will produce next to no bud.

In my grow linked to below, I am using 144 watts of fluoro tubes and an additional 125 watts of compact fluoros, and I'm still not generating maximum bud.

Get way more fluorescent light, or if you can afford it, get a 400w HPS for flowering

4. Wait, do you have 2 40 watt tubes?

Because then you would have 80 w and not 40.

Also, generally speaking, 150-200 watts per plant is what I've encountered as most peoples lighting needs.

5. I don't think that'll be near enough light especially if you are letting them get that big. I would try to do some training and flip to flower ASAP along with adding some more light.

6. Yes more light and you should switch no later than when they reach 1/3 as tall as your total growing space. Remeber your actual grow space is the toal height minus the pot height and required space for your light. The minimum light required per plant is 100 actual watts. Also, if your using just fluro/CFLs you need to train your plants to be short by LSTing or SCROG.

7. Damn, i guess i need alot more lighting jus like i expected.

Thanks, ill try to post sum pictures of my setup and grow room

but now since i dont have much lighting do u think getting as much red color and feeding the plant with bloom nutrients help them flower a bit more.

They are in soil. MG by the way

8. hEY MAINTAIN, YOU CAN MAKE A PLANT FLOWER WHENEVER YOU WANT (ALMOST). tHE THING THAT MAKES THE PLANT FLOWER IS THE PERIOD OF TIME YOUR LIGHTS ARE ON. tHATS WHY THEY SWITCH THE LIGHTING TIMES NOT THE WATTAGE. FOR STEM GROWTH YOU WANT ALOT MORE LUMENS AND NOT SO MUCH WHEN TRYING TO FLOWER. YOU DONT HAVE TO SWITCH YOUR WATTAGE. YOUR WATTAGE IS WHAT YOU NEED. KEEP THE SAME WATTAGE OR IT MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS. LATER BRO

9. That makes me feel alot better, but youre the only one ive herd say this, Im hoping its true!

Ill post what happens and dont i needs light for lower bud sites

10. You can switch to 12/12/ whenever, but ideally wait for the plant to tell you it is ready for sexual maturity, which is indicated when the branches start growing at alternating nodes.

Fluoro tubes aren't great for only 2 plants because the tubes are so long, a lot of your light output is far away from the plants and not doing anything.

11. Well my buddy and I jus purchased 400 hps ballast kit, we dont know wen its coming but it is.

So as soon as we get it we start flowering. But we have two plants and no reflector so its probably going to be hanging vertically from its socket.

Is this 400 watt bulb enough for the both of them if I put them in the middle of each plant, but Im worried our short plant will strecth and reach for the bulb while the 2 foot tall one is in heaven.

Wats the best way to induce flowering using what I have:

http://htgsupply.com/productdetail.asp?productID=241

http://www.amazon.com/High-Pressure...0-2366438?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1176859204&sr=8-9

yea we're cheap like that

12. The best way to induce flowering is the light cycle itself. Giving the plant at least 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness triggers the hormonal reaction to flower.

13. hahaha

14. How baked were you when you wrote this?

Just listen to people who know how to operate a growroom as well as a keyboard.

15. Basics
    Summation,

Keeps your temps in your grow space between 75 & 85 degrees
    Put a container of watter in with for evaporation humidity
    use a fan to strengthen branches and move heat coming from bulb
    watering ph if soil around 6.5/6.8 or so
    2 plants 400 watts is good (200 W /per plant)
    When and if you use ferts use 1/4 strength (growing 10-5-5 / flowering 0-10-10) *example
    & don't fertilize every watering maybe every 3rd
    Don't overwater!!!!! (water till just a bit comes out the drain holes then wait for soil to dry down to about 3 inches deep the water sparingly again!) also put like a capfull of hydrogen peroxide in the water first

AND ABOVE ALL DON'T YOU OR YOUR BUDDY TELL A LIVING SOUL!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU LIKE TO BRAG, BRAG TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. TEllMeAboUTiT
    lol