When to ripen??????

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GOODKIND, Dec 13, 2012.

1. This is my first indoor grow and ladies have been flowering about 4 weeks. How do I know when to start the ripening stag? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. what the hell is the "ripening stage"??? :)

3. Flowering... lol... not too hard to figure out considering marijuana only has 2 life stages (excluding germination/seedling).

Whenever you're ready to flower you can switch the light cycle to 12 on and 12 off. They will stretch a lot the first 3-4 weeks some even double or triple in size so just make sure you're ok with height and dont let the plants get tooooo tall

• Disagree Disagree x 1

4. did you even read what he wrote? hes been flowering for weeks. He wants to know when to "ripen". I was being sarcastic when I asked what the hell ripening is :)

• Like Like x 1

5. thrichomes. Thats the key :)

6. Trichome color is really the only definitive, foolproof way to time your harvest to perfection.

7. im assuming your talking about ripe stage on the gh schedule.. if its a 8 week strain just follow the schedule and your good. they include instructions for longer flowering times

8. Thanks for the input, even the sarcasm lol... So what should i look for in the thrichomes as far as color?

9. Do a forum search for "when to harvest."

There are some really great threads with pictures.

10. check out the pics youll find.

Clear-no
    partial amber=doable
    all amber=doable
    after all amber=decay