When to put under HPS....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Matrix, Aug 24, 2006.

1. I'm germinating about a dozen seeds directly into soil with baggies over the pots. I noticed one seedling has emerged from the soil, however, it hasn't completely removed the seed shell and it hasn't sprouted any leaves yet. My question is whether or not I should place it under my light now or wait until it sprouts the first leaves and wait for the others to catch up???

2. If you dont have light on them and they are out of the soil i would put them under a light.

3. They only problem is that I have really only one place to grow and germinate seeds so I was hoping to place them all under the light around the same time. This seed just popped out sooner than I expected. I thought perhaps its cause I didn't plant it deep enough which is why the shell is still on it and the first set of leaves haven't emerged.

Also, I have a 400W HPS so I don't want fry the baby seedling. Do you still think I should place under light???

4. Let it run its own course for a bit and the shell should eventually come off. If you think it's been too long, you can try and remove the shell yourself. Be very careful.

5. One water enters the seed, it starts to grow and it has only enough energy inside the seed to grow a tap root and 2 yellowish leaves. once these leaves are made then it no longer has any energy and depends on photsynthesis to grow. if you dont put the light over it, it will surly die

6. its never safe to put seedlings directly under a HID at lease a week or two of flourescents should suffice but I heard of people pulling it off so go for it