When to put seedlings under light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by EAPaaron19, May 10, 2020.

1. I used wet paper towels in a ziploc to sprout my seeds and then transplant them into a solo cup with regular top soil. So far one of my seedlings has sprouted above the soil. When would you put them under the light?

I am using 2x kits Meijiu qb288 boards samsung lm301h 240w (3000k) in my 4x4 tent.

When to put them under the light, and how far to keep the light from plant? Also how much power of my light to run it?

2. NOW....

as far as height and power for your QBs, I dunno........never worked with em before.

3. Never ran those. I agree with kronik352. Put them under right now.

I would run them the same strength you plan to use in flower or late veg (maximum!)

Though raise them to 40 inches for safety! What I would do is, if they stretch, lower the light.

If they don't stretch wait a week or two for roots to develop, true leaves set in, then lower the lights an inch or two each day until you find your sweet spot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Download the galactica lux app
    20 000 lux for a few day old seedling
    Will give you a good idea on how high or how dim to have your light

5. I bought a 2 ft t5 specifically to put my seedlings under. $25ish? Kept them about 1" away for 7-8 days. Then under the big light at 40 inches at lowest power. 480w led here, basically same as you.

6. Dude thank you so much, that is really helpful. Is there a guide on how many lux for each stage of growing, early veg, veg, flower, late flower etc?