When to plant.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LoveWeed978, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hi I am in the mid west and haven't grown before. I know exactly what I'm going to use to grow outdoors when it comes to the right ph water, organic nutrients, soil, and organic protection against mold and bugs. But I don't know time range what to do. I'm not sure when to put my seed in the soil and let it sit outside as I water it. From the seedling until flowering this is called the vegetative state right? And the next stage is flowering?. This lasts until I harvest the bud right? How long would the veg stage last until flowering starts to form?

2. Well it kinda depends on how big you want them to be, which depends on pot size so if you have a big pot like 100litres, then if you started in April/May you will have a massive plant where as if you are going to keep it small then you can use a smaller pot like 0-20 litres then you can start as late as June. I started my Fruity Chronic Juice this year on June 1st and because its pot size is 120liter it has grown to around 1.5m*2.5m. So as long as you have the right conditions, a big enough pot and a good 2months+ for veg, then you can start when you want.

3. I want to use 30 gallons for the final plant and I only want to transfer one time. When should I plant the seedling and what size pot (gallons) and how long should I wait till I transfer it. Do I transfer it when it's the flowering stage? and I'm still wondering about the whole veg and flowering stage questions in my first post. Thank you so much

4. I put mine in late June and it's still quite big, as big as my buddies plant that was vegging for a full month longer.

Hopefully putting it in next year earlier.

5. Anyone know what size pot I should use to start off with if I'm transferring one time and it is going into a 30 gallon? And anyone could answer my questions from the first post? PLEASEEEE

6. Loveweed i used a 5gal pot to transfer into a 15 and now they are massive

7. Outdoors vegging usually lasts until about August/September depending on the strain and latitude.

As for when to plant, watch your local grocery store! When they bring out the small bedding plants and veggies, you start your seeds!

Those Beer Cups are nice to start plants in- be sure to punch some drainage holes. You want the roots to just start to fill the cup, but not get rootbound. When you transplant, all the roots that have been blocked from growing outward, start growing in the new space.

Granny

8. plant ur seed in may/june....harvest ur bud in september/october