When To Plant In The Uk (Easy Ryder Seeds)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tubbsy41, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hi  :wave:
    I just got my seeds delivered to me today
    (Pic Below)
    payed £21 for them + delivery (3 seeds all fem)
    One thing I'm not too sure about is when to plant, I was thinking around July 1st - 4th here in the U.K or would anyone recommend starting sooner or later, from what I have read this plant takes around 10weeks from germination to harvest which means harvest will be near mid september, is this okay?
    Also I'm going to probably grow in pots and the soil around here is poor so a simple soil mix that won't cost me a fortune would be great.
    Should I attempt using nutes on maybe  1 or 2 of them and let the other go organic?
    Any advice to do with anything I have said would be great, feel free to mention anything else that comes to you,
    Cheers
    :smoke:

2. Sent from my HTC Desire C

Attached Files:

3. Bump

Sent from my HTC Desire C

4. Sent from my HTC Desire C

5. I would say, plant them now. Even though u guys are having shitty weather over on the other side of the pond, Outdoor is normally planted after the last frost. If your going to grow them inside first to germ your seeds, and make them seedlings, Make sure you use a 16/8 lighting cycle so that your ladies dont flower as soon as you put them outside. And you really dont need that many bumps. Try using "Search" before posting youll be suprised what u find!

6. they have to be outside, can't start them inside due to my parents

7. Do they have the big tomato plants out at the nursery or market?  That is how I judge when to plant outdoors! The big tomato plants are a high mark-up item and stores HATE to lose them.

8. You can germinate them no problem under your bed, without your parents finding them. Unless they clean your room for you or something lol.

Soak your seeds in a shotglass of water until they sink. Once they are on the bottom, the shell has cracked opened and they are ready to be planted into soil. Fill a few solo cups with your soil of choice, and wait for them to break soil. After that, put them in a shoebox, and take them to your spot outside. Youll have better success that way knowing that they broke soil inside.

9. You can germinate them no problem under your bed, without your parents finding them. Unless they clean your room for you or something lol.

Soak your seeds in a shotglass of water until they sink. Once they are on the bottom, the shell has cracked opened and they are ready to be planted into soil. Fill a few solo cups with your soil of choice, and wait for them to break soil. After that, put them in a shoebox, and take them to your spot outside. Youll have better success that way knowing that they broke soil inside.
    </blockquote> I was going to use the paper towel method to germ them and I've heard that its better to never move an auto so they will be planted straight into 10 liter pots, for Americans that's around 2.2 gallons

10. If u do them in the paper towel method you are moving them and risk the chance of messing up the tap root. When u soak them in water, all you are basically doing is opening up the seed (no tap root should be showing) then putting it in the soil. I get 100% success that way, but thats just how i do :) Do it however your comfortable/experienced with Btw this years batch, soaked in water for 12hrs before they sunk, and they next day they already broke soil ;)

11. I'll try 1 one way and 2 the other way to see what happens and how deep do you plant mate, inch? Half an inch?

12. #12 UKTokingGrower, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    Dont plant them an inch you could end up rotting your seeds, once theyve sprouted a little under half an inch of tape root place them in the soil with the taperoot facing down so that the Top of the seed is only about 1/4 of an inch down :)

13. i plant them 3/4" down. After the shell is cracked, just drop it in the hole u made. No worry about pointing the seed up or down, just drop it in. It knows which way is up.

14. i plant them 3/4" down. After the shell is cracked, just drop it in the hole u made. No worry about pointing the seed up or down, just drop it in. It knows which way is up.
    </blockquote> okay, cheers for the info mate :D

15. get them fired straight in...glass of water or wet tissue until the tap root shows and then transplant to soil(and i would advise the taproot points down if you choose any of those methods) i used the water method but have gone straight into soil instead about half inch. it just seemed easier for me as thats where its going in the end. outside with lower temps they'll still pop but might take a little longer but should still pop..
    get them in asap mate...