when to plant germinated seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dg king, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ok, so i'm SUPER new to this but i got a bunch of seeds and did the whole paper towel / Tupperware thing and a few of them have sprouted. how long do i let the sprouts get before i plant them?

2. and if anyone has any growing advice for the beginning, that'd help a lot too. like i don't understand how long to 24 hour light before switching to 12/12 either.

3. Get'em in soil, then start reading the shit out of stickys

4. You can plant them as soon as you see a tap root. As for the advice for the beginning... Plants will double sometimes even tripple in size during flower so it really depends on your particular space as to how long you should veg. Count on them doubling in size but plan for triple just in case. A lot of the other things you should know can be found in the sticky posts at the top of the beginner section. Read all you can, the more you learn now the better chance you have of dealing with any issues that may come up. Start here : http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...s-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html and here : http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/55127-vocabulary-growing-terms-slang.html

5. ok cool, thanx. i just put em in soil and i'll post if i have any problems that i can't find in the stickies

6. Stickies are at the top of every forum when you see the list of threads. They all say "Stick" in front of the name of the thread, and they are always the top ones on the list.

7. i can't find out when to cut back the lighting from 24 hours and i dunno whether to add like 2 hours of no light gradually until getting to 12/12 or wat. i'm not even close to having to cut back on light yet but i'd like to already know this for when the time comes

8. U can do it slowly if u want but I just usually flip em straight from 24 to 12 12

9. Are you asking if there's a process to it or if there's a number of days or what?

10. yea i'm wondering if u should do it slowly or just flip em to 12/12, like which is better. and i'm wondering how many days or weeks do i wait before changing the light schedule

11. Like i said in my first response... Plants will double sometimes even tripple in size during flower so it really depends on your particular space as to how long you should veg(24 hrs of light). Count on them doubling in size but plan for triple just in case. So if you want a 3 foot plant you change the lights to 12/12 when the plants reach 1.5 feet. As for how to do it, I go strait from 24/0 to 12/12. I don't really know anyone who does it any other way although it wouldn't hurt anything if you wanted to do that. I still think you would greatly benefit from reading this. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...s-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html A lot of your questions will be answered before you even have them.

12. thanx a lot. and i read that, i just didn't see the answer to the lighting question i had on there.