When to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hayds2k10, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Hi new grower here. Have this white widdow here 64 days old. It's a northern lights autoflower and she's not had an easy upbringing. Breeder says 75 days and she's ready but I feel like it has a bit longer to go than 10 more days. I don't have any means of looking at the trichomes closely I'm just kind of going by eye atm. Just looking for a second opinion. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is it a northern lights or white widow I'm confused ?
    If its NL it should get some orangish redish pistils
    I just had a NL aoto go 92 day

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. Shit man I just noticed what I wrote lol. I'm really stoned haha. It's a northern lights 92 days? I've seen a lot of people have had their northern lights grow for quite an extended period of time. Just feel like it has so much more to produce. Very small plant but I've messed up quite a few times through beginner's mistakes. Probably lucky to have anything right now!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Let he keep on going, she still looks immature. Let the white hairs go red.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jewlers loupe will be your best friend at this time of your grow .
    The pistils "hairs" tell a lot but the trichomes speak volumes they let you decide what kind of high you get from your finished product .
    Looking for those dark hairs and those milky or amber trichomes .. [​IMG]
    Jewlers loupe .pretty cheap on amazon

6. Yeah definitely going to invest in one. Thanks for your input!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3 more weeks . post back in 2 weeks . if you do not have a scope i can get it close pm me with a picture .\
    looking good keep it up

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nowhere near. If you don't look at the trichs look at the leaves. As soon as she starts to pull everything into the buds, the leaves go yellow, she's ready.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks guys will post update in a couple weeks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Happy Growing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Back again guys. 11 days on and beginning to see some colour coming through. What you guys think? I feel like she's days away. [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Pics aren't great sorry. Purchased a jewelers loop and it's hard to tell but there's definitely still clear trichs. What ratio am I looking for?

13. X[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Never go by breeders times. They are notoriously shorter then actual grow times. You still have plenty of time left on that plant. As long as its popping out white pistils it's still growing and maturing.

The ratio of amber to cloudy depends on the grower. 20-25% amber is a good starting to point to judge what you like. Want a little more head high next time go less amber. Want more couch lock, next time go more amber.

And 1 last thing remember to check the trics on the buds and not the leaves. Lots if times I see people posting pics of the leaves and asking for harvest advice. I dont know about you but I trim leaves and smoke bud. Leaves tend to amber up before the buds are ready

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks buddy that answered all my questions!