When to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cptngreen, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Im about 5 weeks in to flowering. This is lemon Kush... When should I harvest. And do you think I will get a good bit of a return or not much?

Attached Files:

2. Why do you grow if you don't know when to harvest? I apologise for the rude question, but seriously........

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's my first grow. Just trying to get the pointers bud

4. Very well. Read up on triching buds with a loupe. Or perhaps googling your question would be better. If I answer your question, It will be the wrong answer. I wish you luck.

5. Because one day in the very very (I mean very) distant future haha we want to be able to be grumpy old hating ass farts giving new timers crap for posting new timer questions.

• Like Like x 2
  6. stop the nutes bro theres salt all over your plants :eek:.
    as for harvest wait for 90 % cloudy trichomes and 10 % amber

7. But brah you do need to start using Google though need to learn how to keep it alive long enough to harvest.

8. I stopped nutes like 3 weeks ago. That just water that has SAT on the leaves

9. LOL so we can teach them how to give flak to the newbies? Oh how devilishly clever! However, I am sure that superjoint and the rest of the GC forum team would really like it if we all just got along.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 AusStealthBuds, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Don't worry about all the people on here that seem to forget this is a forum for helping others and giving constructive criticism and points, The amount of times I've asked for some help and got 90 percent arseholes replying is remarkable, the nerve people can have over the internet.

11. Damn is that powdery mildew?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't spray the plants once you get sizable flowers. Foliar feeding is useful because plants take in nutrients via the leaves many times faster then roots but with all the nooks and crannies in buds it's hard to dry them out and you risk developing the dreaded bud rot or mold that can ruin your harvest. You should suspend all spraying after about 3 weeks or so in flower.

The average time to flower a plant is about 8-10 weeks but this depends on many conditions in your garden the most important of which are lighting, grow method, feed, fresh air, and temperatures. Any of those factors and others can cause fast or slow maturing. The quickest I've ever seen a plant finish is 8 weeks. I let most plants I have go 9 or 10 to make sure I'm getting the most out of them.

Most people who grow a while learn to be patient with the plant and let it do it's thing. It's pretty obvious when it's done. Keep it growing vigorously and feeding it what it needs. You'll notice a die off of pistil activity at about week 6 depending on strain. As the amount of new pistils gets less and less the older pistils will orange and retract into the calyxes. When you have mostly orange and retracted calyxes and a slight amber hue to the overall plant it's time to start looking at the glands and cutting it down. Some strains can go 12-14 weeks. Don't rush or you'll miss out on yield. Lower powered lighting like anything under about the output of a 250 watt hps bulb is going to slow maturing down so that it takes an extra week or two at least.

Judging when to harvest should include several considerations including time in flower, strain, condition of pistil activity, and condition of THC glands. No one factor will be the deciding one.

13. #13 Tbone Shuffle, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Cannabis is such a mix of traits and genetics each seedling can have a slightly or significantly different maturing rate since they can exhibit traits of sativa or indica plants. 90+% of strains are indica sativa hybrids of some variety. Nobody can tell you exactly how long your plant will take in your garden even if they handed you the seed.

Clones are different and should be predictable in bud maturing time like the plant the came from except in different gardens plants mature at different rates. Different growing methods can produce plants that don't even resemble each other. I can grow the same plant DWC and promix side by side and they look nothing like each other. Completely different growth pattern and thickness of stems/foliage.