When to harvest? Sour diesel

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jmallen2525, Jan 12, 2016.

1. These pictures are at 8 weeks in the flower tent. This is my first indoor grow. I am told this strain is sour diesel however that is questionable. Should I stop feeding them? They are turning yellow and burning for some reason. Not sure what to do. Temps are great.
    They have been gorgeous until about 2 weeks ago they started yellowing.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. It's hard to get a true idea of how much yellowing you've got going on because of the tint of the light, but at this stage of the game during flower, they start really shedding off fan leaves. When this starts to happen, the plant is putting all it's energy and resources into fluffing up the buds and the leaves and secondary growth go lacking, yellow and die off. Perfectly normal. As these leaves die and shed, your plants will look like buds on stems instead of a nice bushy healthy plant. I always hate it when they get to that point because I work so hard to keep my plants healthy. And even though they aren't unhealthy and what's happening is totally the natural cycle of the plant, it still looks ugly. I like things in my grow room to look good. LOL I suspect you have absolutely no issues if your plants were good up until the last couple of weeks or so. You can let them go as long as you want and the longer you let them go, the more potent they will become. But get yourself a loupe....cheap at under $20 at the grow store, so you can clearly see the percentage of amber in your trichomes. That's the only way to know for sure how you stand as far as harvesting time. You don't want to pull them any earlier than you have to. TWW

3. [​IMG]

You can see the yellowing a little better here. Although that was about a week ago so it's a little worse and now many of the leaves appear crispy and burned.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. #4 killset, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    They're not burning. That's totally natural. Plants autumn off at the end of they're life, using up what's in the leaves. They get yellow, brittle and eventually fall off. When the plants done w/ them and they're ready to fall off you can give the leaves a gentle pull and they'll come off like nothing. Looks good man. You can probably stop feeding them. What's the trichomes looking like? If you ever have a plant that starts yellowing to hard or to early in flower up the nitrogen in veg or feed veg nutes a bit longer into flower.