When to harvest question mark?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by synesthesiatic, Jan 11, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Any idea when to harvest? I know about trichromatic color but I don't have a great macro lens to tell the color all too well plus this is my first success lol. Born on October 7 switched to flowering 12/12 on December 7th. Pics are from today

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well without a good micro deal I would say when 75% of the hairs change. Plz correct me if I'm wrong. My last harvest I did at that time. An it steller smoke.
    But I will say investing in a loupe will help you more then any advice u could get here.

SMOKE BEAR

3. I'm deff gonna try to invest in one soon I don't wanna miss the marks. Would it be stupid and stressful to harvest half cloudy and wait till the rest of the trichs turn Amber? What one gives you a better motivated high than a lazy high in anyone's opinion? I'm guessing she's a sativa? Bag seed lol

4. Better wait untill she will fully ready. I prefer when thrichomes are 80% cloudy & 20% amber. However amber is not necessarily.

5. i see a ton of white hairs still.

i'd say two or three more weeks : / probably not what you want to hear.

6. Yeah that does look a few weeks out.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

7. If you barely flipped the switch on Dec 7th, you have a minimum of 5 weeks if you want good smoke. Maybe even longer. Valentines day would be a pragmatic date to harvest.

8. 60 days actual flower from flip would be a super fast strain and I have just one that is close to that fast out of 16 strains.. 70 to 80 days actual is a much more realistic time frame..
    BNW

9. I'm deff gonna hold off till I can notice the pistils mostly orange

10. Pistils are a good indicator that she is getting ready but aren't reliable... 1-2 weeks could mean everything. 50x loupe is like 10 bucks man you gotta have one.

11. I had my last harvest super orange about a month before harvest.. Then my harvest before that she was still shooting new pistils till the day she was ready

12. Here's another pic. Took it this morning[​IMG]

13. Lol I took apart a cheap iPhone macro lense that were fer zooming far away things

14. As was said, pistils aren't a good measure of maturity. This plant also looks like its got a some sativa DNA and they will take longer to make it to harvest. A loupe/magnifying glass will be a big help to you. As far as effect, earlier harvest, with more cloudy trichs will give you a more uplifting/head high, and as you increase amber percentage you slide into more of the couch-lock/body high. That's where the loupe makes the difference. It looks like you're running CFLs, and I'm not familliar with them,but that plant looks like it could use a lot more light, and that flower you showed looks like it has a lot of room to fatten up still. You might consider trimming some undergrowth to push more nutes up to the smokable part of the plant:
    trim here.jpg
    I would trim out everything below the red line, including those huge fan leaves. I would also pick off at least the first two buds closest to the main stalk on each branch. They most likely wont get enough light to grown into a decent bud and are sapping nutes that would better serve the main colas, which are out closer to the lights. You sacrifice a little down low to get more out of the top.

15. 15 dollars at radioshack 60x100 power.. You really need at least 50x to see the heads..

Attached Files:

16. 15$ is worth spending to ensure proper harvest forsure. You could be killing your harvest by 100s of dollars by guessing. Must have item

17. Sweet yeah I saw one like that for 200x on google shopping. I live right near a radioshaQ so I'll check it out tomorrow if I get time. I have 7 2700k bulbs 2 being 32w and the others 23w or around that. They keep the closet warm. I am looking for alternatives for lighting but anyone have any recommendations as far as what ISNT online? Like Lowes, Walmart(checked), Home Depot, bj's, target to list a few locals. @Angry wiseman I will deff work on your idea thanks for the advice!

18. Home Depot sells a 4 foot 2 tube T5 high output strip fixture that I run 4 of for veg..
    [​IMG]

I did get my blue-white 6500k color lamps from the local hydro store as the lamps HD sells are way more red @ 3000k if I remember.. Should still do a fair job as the high outputs really crank..
    BNW

19. It's gonna be awhile for some new lights to be bought so I'm using 9 2700k cfl's. I took some pics of the top starting Wednesday-Thursday-Friday- and Sunday (today)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What do ya guys think?

20. It looks to like you are over feeding. the foliage is too dark.