When to harvest? Is it possible to over flower? Pics!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hydrohippie1, Jul 17, 2010.

1. I was wondering if it is possible to over flower? i feel like one of these plants is over flowering, there is like little flower type things growing out of the buds. as to the rest of them they have been flowering for about 10-11 weeks. i bought the illuminated 60x-100x microscope from radioshack but i cant get it to focus to save my life. do these plants look like they are ready to harvest? i kno they are pretty sad looking but i didnt have the time to take care of them like i had planned so i pretty much let them do there own thing, i just watered them when needed.

questions-
    -Is it possible to over flower? if so what does that mean? is the bud still smokeable? what are the repercussions of that?

-Do these plants look like they are ready for the clip?

[​IMG]
    this is the plant i feel is over flowered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking/for the input!

2. yep you can over flower what the plant will do in a last ditch effort to do what nature intended it will start to make pollen sacks so it will make seeds and continue its life cycle CHOP THOSE THINGS DOWN

3. 8-10 weeks with 8 being the norm to harvest. Best way to tell is with your scope and check the trics.
    I think your plant was ready after 2 weeks....It;s starting to look like it wants to call it quits and die and wonering why noone is smoking me!!
    Over ripe is just as bad as under ripe for potency but you will definately get you off...
    I say whack the lady and get to smoking....

4. Yup.

Those yellow banana things are not good to smoke and will also seed your buds.

5. AMEN!! CHOP HER!!!!!!! Then pst Harvest Results??? :D :smoking::smoking::smoking:

6. id let her go for a few weeks maybe man. beef them buds up.

7. What were you growing?

Edit: hahaha I mean what strain were you growing

8. The first plant is probably a hermaphrodite or turned male from stress. While plants will grow some male flowers in an attempt to continue the line in longer flowering periods, that's waaaay too many on that plant for that to be the cause.

I'm guessing the plants are stressed to shit since they look extremely overfertilized. Flush them extremely well then harvest them after a day. 10-11 weeks means they're definitely done.

The one with lots of white hairs in the last picture may not be done. Get a microscope and look at the trichomes to be sure.

9. I havent used any ferts actually. there gunna get the chop in 2 days! thanks for the input i really appriciate it. and yeah they were pretty stressed which sucks. but the next batch will be much better! ill post pics of the harvest on monday :wave: