when to flush?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tza36, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Hey peeps! Im not sure when to flush my plants and need some advice. Nearing the end of flowering and ned to know when to start flushing. Thanks!!

2. hi tza generally i flush at 2 weeks before finishing but depends on what nutes ur using

3. So how exactly do i flush? This is my first grow and im not sure. Im using canna coco and canna nutrients. I have 2 very nice looking silver haze plants in 5 gallon pots.

4. well ive only grown 1 b4 this 1 but in soil i just rab ph leveled water through the soil about 3times the water than the size of the pot so run like 15gallons of water through each u can also use some sort of a flushing agent like ripen!

5. Ok so about 15 gallons at once or over the course of 2 weeks? They are looking really good and i dont want to mess them up at the last minute.

6. all at once but stop feeding after just water them to clear the nutes out stop watering few days b4 harvest or will take longer to dry hope this helps as i say only n my 2nd grow at the min with 2 autos so not much experience myself ne comments on my grow would be appreciated lol

7. How does a "flushing agent" work?

8. its enzyme its like a cleaning agent but it will also help fatten ur buds its basiclly a chemical that cleans out all the nutrient left in the plant and stimulates it to create more thc gona use ripen myself this time heard good stuff about it

9. General Hydroponics
    Ripen is a superb late bloom feed that has the perfect nutrient formulation for the end of flowering/fruiting. Due to its unique composition, Ripen accelerates the final stage of flowering to provide a fantastic finish to your fruits and flowers before flushing. It can also be used to speed up the flowering process for an early finish - which proves very useful if you're struggling from a mite infestation or pest problem. A complete replacement for your normal bloom nutrient, Ripen is a pure flowering feed which we highly recommend in all growing media. Use at 4-5mls per Litre for 2 weeks maximum prior to desired harvesting date.

Enzymes?

Chemical that cleans out the nutrient?

Stimulates it to create more THC?

RUBBISH.

*LOL*

10. All at once, but not literally. Pour some in, let it drain for a few minutes, then continue until all the water is run through, could take 30-60 minutes or so.

11. Ok thanks. Will do/

12. There are chemical flushes like FloraKleen that removes fertilizer residue. Recommended monthly but use at least 7-10 days prior to harvest. Or you can flush with clear water 3x the container. With the FloraKleen you water until you get runoff. It does nothing to ripen but if you got lockout you may notice a bit of growth. Once final flush is done feed only fresh water. Stop watering 3 days prior to harvest.

13. Have you any evidence that not watering 3 days prior to harvest has benefits ?

14. It helps dry the bud which helps prevent mold.

15. hey there... just my own 2 cents but I have found that in all sttrains in general you should always do a good flush before you harvest about 3 weeks before, but there are certain strains, like cheese, trainwreck, and others, especially hazes, that REALLY seem to benefit from multiple flushes during the entire phase of the plants life, particularly a GOOD FLUSH ( waiting until the plant is REALLY thirsty and in need of a watering, and flush it real good with about as many gallons as the soil or pot is that the plant is in, ( i only do soil idk hydro) and after the huge flush you let it REALLY soak everything up until it is completely dead dry again and in need of water. usually once during the vegatative period is a benefit to do this for haze types or any plants that are going to take a little longer ( I think impo anything over 7 weeks) and then right before you switch to bloom lighting or agents, and then a few times depending on the plants life cycle... I know that certain strains like cheese or others that can go into 12 weeks to really be good benefit massivley from a good flush 2 times or so between the bloom flush and the harvest. it seems like everytime it is done the plants "look" happy and I definetly see the last of leaves being used up, pruning is easier, and the buds are definetly more sticky than when i first started and didnt jknow about this and REALLY how dry you can let her go before you water, and how it benefits. You will notice the most smelly times are the driest... good luck !

16. Yes flushing kinda restarts the plants. It's kinda like a body cleansing for plants.

17. ......

Attached Files:

18. Dem crazy kids and their flushing..get off my non flushed lawn!!