When to flush? Day 46 into flower.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by acksahara, Oct 13, 2018.

1. #1 acksahara, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Got two ladies flowering. 46 days in. Wondering when I should start flushing them? How much longer do you think I have?
    Plant #1
    20181013_095600.jpg 20181013_095451.jpg 20181013_095641.jpg Plant #2
    20181013_095653.jpg 20181013_095641.jpg 20181013_095648.jpg 20181013_102130.jpg

2. Well if u see mostly cloudy that's when I flush

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I understand. I was wondering for how long before harvest people usually flush. And based on the pictures when I should start.

4. I don't flush, I find bud tastes far better when it's healthy not deficient. I think the idea of flushing came about because so many people overdose their plants. This can cause a bad taste so they flush the soil to fix that. I lower the concentration of nutrients for the last few weeks but never add empty water. I reuse my soil on every grow so flushing it would ruin it. Your plants don't look overdosed so you won't get any benefit from flushing the soil, in fact they look a bit low on nitrogen so I'd just carry on as you are. They look good man

5. Thanks. I stopped giving them grow big last week. And fed them big bloom and tiger bloom yesterday. Maybe I should give them a little grow big again?

6. I'm not familiar with those nutes sorry. Some can be used on their own, and others need to be partnered with thier counterparts.
    I would try and keep the formula as balanced as possible and use a low dose

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I follow their schedule at 50 % . Week 5 0f 12/12 is the last feeding of grow big. I think you have 2-3 weeks at least.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks

9. So are youimplying that there is no notable difference in smoothness/taste/etc in a flushed (100-300ppm) harvested plant, and an unflushed (1000ppm+) harvested plant...but there is a difference when comparing ~1000ppm+ to an od'd (1500ppm+) plant? Not saying your are wrong, just doesn't quite make sense to me.

10. Yeah none of what you just said makes any sense to me either

11. Lol...ppm rambling must have confused you. You basically implied that there is no noticeable smoke/taste difference in a flushed plant (very low ppm), and an non flushed plant. But also implied the NEED to flush if the plant may be somewhat overdosed. There would generally be a much bigger difference of ppm's between flushed and non flushed, than there would be between non flushed, and od'd non flushed. So didn't quite understand your logic. Follow?

12. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, I feel my original statement clarifies it far better than what you're saying.

Just to clear something up to start off, you cannot flush a plant, you flush the soil. What a plant has taken up, stays up. If you overdose you ruin the osmotic balance between the roots and the soil. It's best to match the nutrient solution to what is in the plants. This makes for the most healthy plant. And healthy plants taste better than nutrient deficient plants. 1000ppm is an overdose

13. #15 LazyBlazer, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Ok I wasn't trying to re clarify what you stated earlier, rather than state why it didn't really add up imo. In a nutshell, an unflushed plant, both od'd and non od'd would be much more similar to each other in terms of ppm than a flushed plant would be. And you stated the need to flush an od'd plant, but not worry about a non od'd plant....where as unless the plant is SERIOUSLY od'd, there wouldn't be that big of a difference between it's ppm a non od'd plant. Just saying your statement/logic doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me. What I am referring to supports the idea of flushing your plants, period. Yes obviously you flush the soil, not the plant. But whatever is in the soil, the plant will continue to uptake....therefore flushing the soil ensures no more, to minimal nutrient uptake from that point on. 1000ppm is certainly not an overdose depending on the strain/plant.

14. Hopefully you can understand that. Either way this is already getting exhausting lol. Peace