when to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by omnivorous, Apr 4, 2004.

1. You guys rock! Thanks for all the info. Here's my question ....

I've got some very nice bushy bagseed (i know but I'm testing out my new 400wMH/400wNa lighting system i built) plants that have been under 24x7 MH lamp. Height ranges from 2' x 3'.

My question is when should I switch to 12x12 to start flowering? I don't want them to get any bigger that 5' due to restrictions. Sorry no pics. I need to get the potential males out as soon as possible.

I guess what I'm asking is when into the lifespan of an indoor grow should you switch to 12x12 for sexing and flowering?

Thanks in advance.

2. bushy plants, sound like an indica strain. they have shorter flowering runs than sativas. id say youll want to start paying attention to stigma coloring end of week 6 going into week 8 of flowering. indicas normally finish flowering in about 8 weeks give or take. so total lifespan, youre lookin at a lil over 3 mos

3. So do I take it you are suggesting starting 12/12 now?

And yes, they are indicas.

4. HIGH All, yes start 12/12 now before they get bigger. Your plants will grow at least another foot in 12/12 in the first few weeks then stop.

5. oops forgot to state the obvious, yes do start 12/12 the sooner the better, because youre plants are about to growwwww :)