When to flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bongsmoker25, Jan 3, 2003.

1. I have some plants that are a month old in 18/6 they are all 8-9" tall and are growing thier 6th node is it ok to kick um back to 12/12 now or should i wait a week or two?

Thanks for the help

2. You can start flowering now, especially if it's a SOG grow, if not then wait until they are 12" then start the flowering,
    good luck

3. You can but they are going to top out at a total height of around 3. Try pinching/topping/pruning/FIM to the growth top and give the side shoots a chance to catch up to the main stalk (about a week if in hydro) and then you will double or triple your final yield

4. i gotta question, so ima ask it, rather feel stupid for 5 minutes then be stupid forever.
    what does the 12/12 n 18/whatever stuff mean? somthin to do with lighting or?

5. stylez man let me help you out bro..

Here is the deal we are talking light cycle. 18/6 is the amout of time the light is on 18 on 6 off this is early in the development of weed plants known as vegitative state. after about 4-6 weeks you put the plant into flowering in order to do that you need to put the plants on a 12 hour photoperiod that is 12/12 and that is 12 hours on 12 hours off hope this helped you out allittle.

6. coo coo, thx :)