When to flower - Help :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pacotaco420, Mar 23, 2009.

1. #1 pacotaco420, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    Equipment:

2x 5 gallon pots
    Miracle Grow Potting Soil
    Time release rose pellets
    2x 125w CFL's ( 1x Blue Spectrum, 1x red spectrum)

Seeds:

One seed is a bag seed that was germinated on jan 5 of this year. The other seed is an online purchased Big Buddah Cheese that germinated on feb 2.

Question:

My first seed has grown to about 24". It is thick and bushy, holding about 10 nodes on the main stem. The second (big buddah) seed is now 12" and growing SUPER fast. I am thinking about starting to flower the 1st, and top the big buddah. The idea is to have the 1st harvest in 8 weeks, at the same time that Big Buddah would be coming out of vegitative stage. Is this a good plan? Anything that I need to consider?

2. Bump for help. At a critical stage... :hello:

3. Pictures please :)

4. I dont feel comfortable posting pics on the internet.

Plant 1: 24" bushy. 10 nodes on main stem
    Big Buddah Cheese: 12", 6 Nodes on main stem. VERY strong main stem. Fast growth.

5. Yeah why not?? I don't see a reason not to.

6. you can't flower and veg in the same room. sorry.

7. Why cant you flower and veg in the same room?

8. Think about it. For veg you need lights on almost constantly, and to flower you want 12/12. So if your flowering plants are getting light during the night stage, then it will most likely not work right and will turn out a hermie.

9. Well yeah i know that, i just thought you were going to say something about using different lighting. One guy on this forum said you cant use the same type of flourescent lights for flower and veg. I thought you were going to answer with something like that and i was going to post some beautiful looking plants where i used the same light for flower and veg.

10. but you don't feel comfortable posting pictures...

11. I feel just fine posting pictures. Im taking some newer pictures today that i will post

12. oh woah i thought you were the other guy. sorry!

13. Haha i kind of thought that, its all good