When to flower after cloning plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Harsupex, Nov 2, 2012.

1. So i am planning on cloning my one and only haze plant, I have the supplies to do so and though I have never tried it before I've done much research on the subject, anyways, I have been vegging her for about 12 weeks, and she is ready to be switched into flowering, my dilemma is that if I take clones from her now, should I wait for her to repair what i take or should I flower her soon after the clones are taken? If I take the clones won't it reduce my overall yeild?

2. I'd take my clones and flower her. 12 week veg, I bet you gonna have a good sized plant :D, but trimming clones is perfectly fine before flowering, and even trimming lower branches and leaves first week or so of flowering is fine. I started trimming during the first stage of flowering to get rid of lower branches that would only produce fluffy crap buds, and it has increase my overall yield and quality. You may see decreased growth for 1-2 days, but it will shoot up after that. Good Luck!

3. So it's safe to do, it's not going to over stress her or anything? Here's a picture of her, I'm just afraid I'm gonna lose a some just because of the lack of branches based on what I take from cloning.

Attached Files:

4. Read up on lollipopping.

5. there's a difference between clones and fresh cuttings...clones are rooted...cuttings arent...so with clones yes you can go 12/12....with fresh cuttings no...24hr lighting or 18/6......

6. Im def talking about cloning, I have a humidity dome and Rooting hormone as well as rockwell cubes, I'm hoping to veg them at a friends and then move them when the time arrives.

7. Thank you very very much for the lolipoping info, that's what I'm most likely going to I with!!

8. No problem man glad I could help and hope it works out good for ya

9. If you're not an old hand at cloning, I'd suggest keeping the mother in grow cycle until some roots pop out. That way you can do some more if anything goes wrong. You can still clone cuttings taken up to two weeks into flower, but that's a last resort.
    Good luck!!

10. Good advice keeping mother in veg until roots, if you would want to take more if some don't root. Personally I have had little to no success with cloning after flowering, maybe the first week, but I wouldn't bet any money past that. Good Luck!