When to flip

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smallgrowz, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Another one of them when to flips

I’m thinking once I spread them out and there just about to touch each other then flip and defoliate? I’m geusing about 2weeks away

Would most agree with that?

My last 2 grows I’ve flipped to late and it’s hurt my weight dramatically

Now I’m scared of flipping too early lol

Thanks guys as always

IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1905.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They're ready. Whenever you are. Maybe give them a week of good growth then flip it if that's what you desire. Alot of plants in there. If you wanted to give it 10 days or so then so be it. How did flipping too late last time hurt your yields?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Weight wise, the longer you wait to flip, the more the plant has developed, which means more weight it’s able to support. Vegging longer was most likely the cause of zero of your issues. So if you had issues, you still haven’t found the culprit/reason behind why you feel your yields were hurt, because unless you had a seriously root bound plant... and that’s reaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can't really tell how tall the tent is, but I would wait another week or two judging from just those pics. Post more!

5. Thanks for the reply guys! Well I over vegged by a lot on 1 grow Because of a house move and didn’t want to move flowering plants they was over 5ft before flip couldn’t get the lights in there, to many plants, so I had lots of popcorn bud as wasn’t enough light or space to give the plants at that size what they needed so o had masses of bud sights and not enough light or space to let good buds grow, the other grow was a scrog Which I flipped to late and again waaaay to many bud sites and the total weight was spread over to many bud sites and again too much pop corn there’s 21 my plan was to do 16 in a 8x8 but I’ve never managed to kill off the weaker growers and here I am again not being able to kill off 5 plants to do my original plans of 16, I’m feeling a weeks good time to flip
    This is my first soil grow in a while I was experimenting will all different types of hydro which I loved but was all smaller scale and couldn’t afford the hydro to fill a 8x8 so gone back to soil

6. 5 ft before flip? Christ alive man, how long did you veg for? That's impressive.

Also, I've never had too many budsites, but I see exactly where the problem with that would arise. Hm. Never thought about that before. Really good info to know, thanks for sharing your experience.

Actually, I wonder if supercropping would help.

7. Not even crazy long tbf, I should of rushed the grow and flipped way before and harvested before the house move, I was less experienced then all a learning curve, it was my first time using a 8 pot hydro system and oh boy they grew so quick!! Caught me out

8. Makes a lot of sense, some genetics just fucking love hydro. They eat that shit up, lol. The ladies look really good man. What lights are you using?

9. Currently stuck with 2x 200w cfls and 2x 600w hps on dimmable at 400w rotating them every few days, not done a “big” grow in a while (normaly do 4x4 this is 8x8) got all set up to realise 2 of my ballast was shot so had to use 2cfls then realised my MH bulbs were dead so used what I had, I will be buying 2 more dimmable ballasts and hps bulbs running 4 at 600w for flowering stage

I’d never seen growth like it I was like a child giddy as hell every time I went in every 48hours they were just growing rapidly and took no looking after watering wise, they was drinking 25L a day 8 plants, every 48hours id throw 50L in main reservoir, now I’m back in soil it’s so labour intensive in comparison watering 21 plants With a watering can, it’ll be worth it though

10. Wow, you really have it dialed in. Good shit man, always love to hear success stories. Watering cans were getting too much for me so I went ahead and got a 2gal pump sprayer. I'd recommend it, if you haven't used one already. I just prop it up and tie down the trigger, it's as little effort as I'll get. Unless I ran drip irrigation but personally, I would never for indoor containers.