When to flip to 12/12 whilst doing a SCROG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deano0991, May 10, 2017.

1. So this is my 1st SCROG and so far so good. So far my 1st grow where I've had no yellowing or anything during veg. So my question when to flip the lights whilst doing a SCROG? I've heard when the plants reach the net is this right or when you have so much of the net filled then flip to 12/12.

Cheers fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kind of depends on the plan and the set up, but try to aim for 75% full.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. System I'm using a hydro RDWC trellis net over the top 20inches from top of the bucket as for space I have a 10x4 space with 6ft height. I don't wanna flip to early but also don't wanna flip late and have 4 out of control plants haha

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah see you are in hydro and it's going to explode if you got good plants. Even if you flipped a bit early, I am sure it will fill in. Better to be a bit under and correct next time :p All about getting dialed in.

5. I think you placed your net too high for a true scrog. That being said - I flip to 12/12 when they look like this.

Flower 1 week.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nice plants and scrog set up man, do you have a diary going by any chance??

7. do most ya'll build you own scrogs with string and a frame and what not or so ya buy a pre mid net? how big should the squares be? 3 x 2? 6 square inches?

8. That looks good brother. I brought a net stapled it wall to wall job done. My girls are looking good at the minute. 1 is just threw the net. I'll post a pic in a min

9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just snipped some of the lower leaves after this was took

10. I don't have a diary but I have a thread that I started in the hydroponics/coco section that details how I grow with pics.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't know how most people do their scrog net but I built mine out of pvc and masonry line from home depot. I prefer 3" squares.
    scrog net.JPG

12. Should I be gradually removing lower leaves. I heard that you shouldn't remove leaves during flower? I can't wait to see what the yield is compared to not doing a SCROG. I pulled just over 4oz my last grow 1st hydro grow. The seeds I used was a load of shit. 1 really small another would burn and droop over 400ppm. This time I'm using sensi seeds super skunk.