When to Fertilize?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Miike012, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ok my plants are about a week old and there doing really good and im already firtilizing them but im not sure if im doing it right:confused: . Lol i kno it cant b that hard tho, but my question was.... when should i fertilize and how do u do it properly? Should i fertilize everytime i water them (i water everyother day)? And when i fertilize should i do it like im watering it (when i water it i just drench it then let it drain for about 2 min)?? AND final question..... when i fertilize should i water it 1st by drenching it and letting it drain then fertilize it by drenching it then letting it drain???? thanks alot

2. yeah im on my first grow right now as well and im still in the seeding portion but i dont think you are supposed to "drench" it.

usually the fert bottle will tell you how to dilute the solvent and you should follow the directions on the bottle, i mean if you arent already. but if you put it in a bottle with a nozzle tip and poke a small hole then you can put a few drops at a time as needed, or put in some like every other time you water. too much fert is bad.

3. thanks man... yeah right now i just spray the fertilizer a few times on them everytime i water them but ill prolly do it every other watering.
    And does anyone know where to get a good ph tester for around 40 or cheaper???

4. STOP! You are killing your plants. Do not fert until they are 2-3 weeks old. For now, run a lot of pure water slowly through the soil to flush it of the built-up nutes.

When you feed, start with 1/4 strength and only feed once a week or so, not every time you water. When feeding just mix the ferts into the water. Not sure what you mean by "drench" it, you want to water the soil thoroughly but not quickly, take it slow so the water can be absorbed into the soil not just run right through it. Don't water again until the soil is dry, test by poking a finger an inch or so deep to feel if it is at all moist (don't water) or actually dry (time to water).

5. thanks alot.... yeh the way i water my plants is that i pore water into slowly until it fills up over the soil a lil then let it drain down every other day but thanks alot i will stop fertilizing... but when i do start fertilizing (once a week like u said) do i water it 1st with regular water then fertilize it or just go ahead and fertilize it?