When to fert???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by delozay, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Sup everybody
    Just thought I'd post a pic
    Of my girlfriends seedling
    She's a dinafem auto cheese
    And named dilly
    And she's started on a 12/12 today
    When do I fert? And wat else do I need to do??

Attached Files:

2. To me it looks like she's lacking light... Stretching alot. How many lumens shes getting?

3. [quote name='"pseudooo"']To me it looks like she's lacking light... Stretching alot. How many lumens shes getting?[/quote]

She gettin 1700 lumens
    Do I need to get another light
    Or bring it closer??

4. What kind of light is it ? People say that cfl must be 2-4 inches near plant, i did that and it worked pretty fine, tho my plant is getting 6180lm

5. is that 1 cfl?
    I wad under the impression you want 5,000-8,000 per plant. If I run 5 plants, my mh will produce 50,000

6. its 2x 45w
    and about fertilizer, from what i've read its best to use 1/4 strenght and start at 2-3 weeks

7. Ima get more bulbs defo
    Its a cfl light and I just moved it closer
    It's about 3" or 4" above the plant now
    Thanks again

8. Ok so I got two more weeks before I fert dats good

9. After 5,000 lumens the photosynthetic rate drops significantly. The lumen reading of that bulb is taken about 3.5" away. By incorporating a clamp light reflector and keeping the bulb within 2" of the top of the canopy a bulb with a low lumen rating can actually provide an ample amount of energy for photosynthesis. This is a result of the focused reflection and the law of squares allow the bulb to produce more than its rating to a rather small area.

In this case it is a matter of the bulb having been kept too far from the plant. In addition, air circulation provided by an oscillating fan would be incredibly wise to help strengthen the stem. Auto flowering plants auto flower, which makes your 12/12 schedule pointless. It should be on a 18/6. Finally, that soil mix is terrible for indoor use and the odds of this plant dying from damping off are extremely high.

And in response as to when to add fertilizers... Never. If you wanted to use fertilizers then you should have used hydro. Soil is nutrients. You use microbes to break down the soil into elements the plant can use. Dumping in synthetic fertilizers will kill the micro herd, screw the media pH, and burn up the roots. Compost tea would be smart but without any aeration material in the soil mix, like perlite, sadly I don't think it will much matter what you do.

I wish you better luck next time though.

10. Sorry for off topic, but could yellowing leaves be caused by too much lights? Cause my plant used to be 2inches near lights, and its total of 6180 lumens...

11. Well she ain't dead yet ima do all i can with the knowledge I have and from advice more reading and watching more videos I thank u very much tho as for Betta luck next time no need as I'm a first time grower I don't expect much nothing beats trying for myself everyone USA different methods I'll keep u posted tho