When to feed seedlings in burpee pellets

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stonehenge919, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Hey guys this is a total newbie question. I decided to start my seed in byroee peat pellets (which I've never done before every) they have popped up 3 days ago and are green, but not really growing. Should I feed them anything? I can't done any info on the peat pellets. When should i begin feeding?

Sent from my XT1650 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Peat is inert and contains no nutes like soil. I don't grow in peat but if it's anything like coco - I start 1/4 strength nutes from day one.

3. Awesome thanks for the reply that's what I'm going to do. Need to get big enough to transplant into Coco. I've read that they don't need anything for 2 weeks but they are really going slow.

4. That would be true if you were growing in soil. At only three days old you will see very little growth above ground - it's growing a root system at this point.

5. Gotcha yeah the peat looks like it doesn't have anything in it, package doesn't say anything. I'll give 1/4 strength today and see if it likes it

6. Wow that bad boy stretched... how far away is your light?

I use peat pellets and I start with just a spray bottle (1/4 strength nutes or less).
    I spray at least once a day but twice when I can.
    But then again my pellets are also in coco coir (as soon as they need light the pellets get baried in coco as peat pellets dry out quickly).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Light is 12" away from plants. I used 1/4 strength feeding yesterday and still seem light green. Maybe I should feed again in the morning? Perhaps time to transplant

8. Here they are now IMG_20180329_203221329.jpg