When to cut? First grow. 63 Days since 12/12 switch.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Goatlicker, Jul 14, 2013.

1. So this is my first grow and i'm getting really excited!
    Wanting to know how long these girls have left roughly? The tichs are cloudy/clear and am yet to see any amber.
    Been switched 12/12 for 63 days now.
    Should i be doing anything in these last weeks and what to do before harvest etc?

The right plant is Northern Lights x Big bud. Left plant is Kerala x Skunk #1. Says 10 weeks for the Kerala and 45-55 days for NLxBB
    People saying 1-2 weeks left some saying cut now etc, very confusing.
    They look ready to me and the leaves are basically all yellow, i can't see them growing any or getting any better in the next week.
    The pistils are mostly brown and mostly receded into the buds.

Remember this is my first grow so i only have a small idea if they're ready or when they're ready.
    I'm looking forward to harvesting and curing! And especially tasting!

Attached Files:

2. Close up photos.

Attached Files:

3. maybe it is the lighting bud those pistils look like they are turning grayish - keep an eye out for mold and make sure your humidity is in check. If you are certain there is no mold I would let it go another week or so.

4. They're kinda purple/brown/grey.
    RH is around 35-40 with lights on and 45-50 lights off.
    Not sure about mold or what it looks like as its my first grow.

5. Good pics looks nice.  I'd guess from your close ups your about 50% clear/50% cloudy trichomes.  Don't see any amber.  So depending on type of high your looking for in your end product I'd say about two weeks to go.

What's your setup?  Lights, soils, nutes ect.

If you haven't done so you probably want to flush soon and start giving it PH balanced water.

6. Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Yeah.. Its probably more like 70%cloudy and 30% clear.
    400w HPS, Terrazilla soil.. uhm organic nutes called Natures own super grow/bloom
    Last 10 days only been feeding Ph'd plain water.

7. Mold is pretty obvious to spot; white/brown/black spotty material on your buds which disperses as spores if you disturb it.   But yeah the hairs do look a little brownish.  I'd pry open your larger buds and look in the middle of them to see if you anything to make sure.

Yeah, i don't see any of that but i will check them up properly and inside the big buds a little.
    Thanks heaps.

9. How are things curing up on those NL xBB?

10. #10 Endirr, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    [quote name="Goatlicker" post="18348612" timestamp="1373774504"]So this is my first grow and i'm getting really excited!Wanting to know how long these girls have left roughly? The tichs are cloudy/clear and am yet to see any amber.Been switched 12/12 for 63 days now.Should i be doing anything in these last weeks and what to do before harvest etc?The right plant is Northern Lights x Big bud. Left plant is Kerala x Skunk #1. Says 10 weeks for the Kerala and 45-55 days for NLxBBPeople saying 1-2 weeks left some saying cut now etc, very confusing.They look ready to me and the leaves are basically all yellow, i can't see them growing any or getting any better in the next week.The pistils are mostly brown and mostly receded into the buds.Remember this is my first grow so i only have a small idea if they're ready or when they're ready.I'm looking forward to harvesting and curing! And especially tasting![/quote]The last snapshot, has that one cola been HST? Just curious.I have a plant that flowered for 8 weeks (8/25) and It took 10 day before buds were seen growing. My trichs are about 5-10% amber, only thing left is to flush her at some point either next 14 days. I can see cloudy trichs and clear which some smokers like, I prefer more amber tone. My strain is Super Lemon Haze so it about ripe, I can see amber trichs on all buds and they have this beautiful orange pistils growing, not all but a majority of them. Bottom line look at Trichs to determine if they, your buds, are ready.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. [SUB]I heard in another forum that you can't always go by the color of the Trichs, instead you can tell more so when all the hairs start receding.[/SUB]

The hairs start to recede at all times through flowering. The only 100% way to be sure your harvesting at the peak of the bud is to examin the trichs with a microscope. Not the trichs on the leaves but the trichs on the actual buds. The trichs on the leaves mature at different rates than the ones on the buds themselves.

13. It doesnt look ready yet..another good week or 2, but its up to u..how u like ur smoke(high)..i'd wait another 10 days at least ;)

14. it'll still fatten up!

15. Let  em swell up like some cankles..

16. yeah theres many signs to flowering. tris, pistils, calyxs, how long its been flowering. i use an overall apperance, i dont rely on just one method. basically you want a ripened fruit and that doesnt seem ripe yet. anotha week like above said let them swell up a bit

17. How did ur plants turn out

Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. wait 2 or 3 weeks...them calyxes will swell so much in the last week that they won't be able to hold themselves up.  Trust me i've harvested early starting out, but then I tried harvesting half the plant and let the other half continue to grow.  Major difference in what a few weeks can do and regret not letting the entire plant wait those extra weeks.

19. I started tricking my two of my indica dominant plants 73 days ago...I flushed with Flawless Finish(some say it works great, others differ), then watered the daylights out of it with pure water....that was ten days ago...I looked at the trichomes and they're almost all cloudy yet no amber colours yet, and I still see some clear stigmas and trichomes...its been in the complete dark for two full days. It just ain't ready yet...she's in a huge rolling garbage container and the soil is still wet when you go deep. Everybody's mistake at first is harvesting TOO EARLY. It may appear finished, and you're anxious as shit,but patience here is worth it...let it starve for nutes after you flush.Then hanging & curing is also very essential, unless you don't mind buds that smell like hay and taste like chlorophyll...hang them in a cool half humid (65%) dark place by the stalk or roots with some light air circulation for ten or fourteen days...then put buds in mason jars in a cool dry place burping them every two days or so. Time is of the essence at this point. After all, they call it "Free Pot"...Free Pot my skinny arse. lol Best of luck, you'll only get better at it...and remember, what works for him, might not work for you, and visa-versa...you get your own tricks, at least I did...we bought some nice LED lights, next year, the already flowering plants will be going into the ground rather than pots...this way, I graduate from growing nice pot plants to friggin' marijuana bud trees bro!!! LoL Take Care.