When to chop ???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nymphetamine, May 2, 2008.

1. Hi all - quick question. I am now about 3 days past day 60 of flowering my lead 'ice cream'female and the trichs are 90% clear/cloudy with a few amber ones. Should i chop on schedule or grow them more until the trichs are 50% cloudy/amber ?? I wanna get tha best of both possible highs, not to mention even fatter ass bud.... help, wut to do ??

2. "3 days past 60". Interesting way of saying "63 days" lol. Here's the chart if you haven't seen it:

[​IMG]

50/50 will give you a more balanced high , but if you want an energetic high I'd consider chopping soon.

3. aight effektz... my bad that was kinda country how i said dat...lol okay 63days,... but thanks for tha chart - i'll peep it out. i just dont wanna have booty budz trying to be all scientific n shit..but if its kewl to grow until they hv that honey color on the trichs then i'll keep growing.... thanks homie !!

4. thats for posting that up effektz that will help me alot

5. hey, how many weeks for veg and how many for flowering?

6. hey p/h - good question, gawd ive read so many diffrnt answers on tha subject. But typically 5-6 weeks for veg and about 4 weeks for flower. for me i budget 8 weeks total cuz i fuck wit soil, plus still a newbie. for these ice creams that im growing, im just gonna cut at prob day 70 or i hit 50/50 amber to clear whichever comes first....

7. it all depends on the strains

veg time is really up to you if your growing indoors, but flowering varies for different strains mostly 7-8 or 9-12 weeks for flowering roughly 65 days:wave:

8. sup Biology Major, 4give me, i meant 8 weeks..i dunno why tha hell i said 4 weeks - well i think i do lol,... but neways these ice creams are most peculiar cuz on tha lead female im approaching day 67 and theyre barely turnin amber (trichomes); paradise seeds claim 55 - 60 days,... wassup ??

9. 55-60 days under ideal conditions perhaps?

-C

10. hey vacanteyes - dats a damn good point. i hadnt thought of that, shame on me 4 taking wut paradise claims as gospel.. has ne1 out there ever had a strain take longer to mature than wut the breeder claimed?? this shit has me so anxious cuz i wanna harvest, but i'll chill out n smoke sum more... lol

11. The harvest times from the breeders are always just an estimate, they don't actually mean anything in the real world, and nothing at all to your grow. They're ready when they're ready, not when someone selling the seeds throws out a number.

12. hey BKKG - thanks for that lil bit of wisdom,.. ill keep that in mind for all future grows !!