When to begin nutes(Auto)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mikesu58, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Hello GC,

I have four 13-16 day old (from sprout) Northern Lights Autos. I read a lot and have figured you don't want to feed them till week 3 or 4. And I should start with 1/4 strength. Feeding every other watering. Any input / advice on that? The nutes I have are...
    -Fox Farm's Trio
    -Black Label Essentials Root Enhancer
    -CalMag
    -Silica Blast
    -Molasses

Thank you for any advice/ tips you guys can give me. This is my 1st grow!

2. **They are also in Fox Farms Ocean Forest. 3 gal smart pots, they were planted in their final homes. No transplanting

3. No need for at least a month considering things went well thus far. The plant is eating or feeding from the soil right now. Soil comes ready out the bag most do especially ff. If you feel you need to feed nutes it should be 1/4 no exceptions. Root enhances are high in N. N is need for veg and shouldn't be used often so you font get a n toxicity. Molasses comes in flower. My autos start to flower around 24 to 30 every time.

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  4. So you think I should start off with the root enhancer after a month old ? Since it can only be used a few times

5. It should be started now and finished by day 20 or so it will flower after about 30 days or so. Remember root enhancers use nitrogen and rooting hormones. Flower you won't need it as much. There is some n in flowering nutes. So you don't want to add extra n when plants need other nutes. Remember autos do have the same life span as photos. So mistakes can't be afforded on a plant that grows from seed to finish within 8 to 10 weeks with not time for recovery it will hurt your quality yield worse? Both

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can start with root enhancer week 3-4 is fine, some do it before then. And you are good on nutes for a month like stated above. You are off to a good start.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Okay thank you everyone. I will start my root enhancer on day 21 and probably stop using it by day 30. Then switch over to veg nutes for pre-flowering and early flower period, then I'll swap to the flowering nutes

• Like Like x 1
  8. You got this Bro

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. I use the trio and the granular trio! Open sesame Beastie blooms and cha Ching. I don't use the open ses much cause flowering happens all by itself. Set ur timer for 18 or 20 on. Also I feed at least twice a week every other sometimes ever 1/3 water. I use 1k his at 77/71 temp. Haven't had any nuts burns and my buds from Beastie and cha Ching are solid like they should be and big

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Print the feeding schedule and its that easy. No disrespect to the experts but it working for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just starting my second week so looking to start on root boosters like yourself mike

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine have responded well to 1/4 strength of root enhancer, going to try 1/3 next, but I probably won't go beyond 1/2 strength, auto's are known to be sensitive

• Like Like x 2