When to 12-12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Parkoursome, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Here is a picture this is about 2-3 months old now, and I have two questions, how long before I could start it flowering and also how long before I could identify the sex

Attached Files:

2. Are you sure it's 2 or 3 months old?

3. I just looked at my calander and it's actually about 1 and a half

4. Yeah it's under a 10k lumen flourecent light , I have two red spectrum bulbs there and a blue light on the side

5. I just transferred it into its final pot yesterday and added alot of organic soil, it looked to have minor nutrient burn on the bottom leaves, (just slight yellowing no drying) so I was worried

6. You can always start flowering whenever you see pre-flowers (the male or female parts) even if they are hard to tell go ahead and switch to 12/12, the first ten days of flowering you have little worries of a male pollinating a female. Also general rule is to start flowering half the size of your goal because during flowering phase the plant can grow twice it's size (especially if growing in a constrict are.

7. Well I only have one plant, would I get rid of the blue light during flowering ? Or just leave it how it is and go to 12-12? Also I've been running my plant on an 16-8 since it was a week old is that the best ratio at this stage?

8. Yes it is best to get rid of blue lighting during flowering, when flowering you want to emit as much of red/orange lights, these warmer lights are best for flowering.

I would remove blue lights and replace with 2700K red blubs and do 12:12

When dealing with growth/budding/vegging phase it's best to provide 18-24 hours of light to the plant a day.

Ratios for Growth # of Hours for Light/# of Hours for Dark
    24/0
    18/6

I always do 24/0 ratio during my growth phase, Marijuana loves light! More light provides more energy for growth!

Ratios for Flowering

12/12 (this is ideal)
    ANYTHING UNDER 12/ANYTHING OVER 12

once you provide under 12 hours of light per day, the flower growth hormone will activate.

9. If you're going to do fluorescent lighting I would pack as many 2700k Cfls in there as you can otherwise your yield will be undesirable

10. I'm running 1600 watts of hps and I still wish my buds would get bigger then they do

11. What is the size of room in square feet(WxH)?

12. The space I have is maybe a good 3x3x3 ... I have positively identified what I believe to be the female organ, I'll try to post a picture of it, the hairs coming out of the pod are long as hell I don't see what else it could be

Attached Files:

13. Here is the best picture I could get of the hairs,

Attached Files:

14. And he's a full shot of my set up, I can make it bigger if needed

Attached Files:

15. looks good for a healthy yield with proper lighting fine vegged plant u have