When the world ends, it'll be by flood.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, Nov 2, 2011.

1. When the world comes to its end, it'll be the flood that causes it to go.

Walls of water coming towards you from all direction.

Some come at you like a lighting bolt, while others creep up to you from below.

Once the flood begins, you'll panick and run for higher grounds.

And that's when the world begins to collapse.

When you're starting to run.

Like a startled rabbit.

Run... rabbit run...

Dig the hole, and forget the sun.

And when at last the work is done,

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

Fuck.

I feel like that rabbit.

I was actually born on the year of the rabbit. Which is this year, actually. 2011.

Right now, I have to make myself accept that the flood is sweeping away everything and soon it won't be SAFE for my children to be at home, that's why I got to find a new place to relocate, and I have a good reason to believe that my wife will want to escape to her mother's cabin in the high mountains, and that's no problem for me, only if it wasn't for the the damn flood! Fuck!

2. #2 Postal Blowfish, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    I was in a flood here in Iowa a few years ago. It got bad enough that I was forced to leave because it was going to be impossible to come or go to my home and they didn't know how many days that would be the case. I watched the news from my dad's house a few counties over, having moved only my most valuable things in a matter of an hour, hoping that everything else I owned would be spared.

At the crest, they showed some pictures around the area. The water was less than half an inch from peeking over the railroad track that was keeping it back. The track was raised about six feet from the ground behind it where the houses were. If it had risen but a fraction of an inch more, a flood would have washed away everything.

I told myself, 'its just money.' But really, I was realizing all the sentimental things I had that I didn't think to pack with me. Pictures, letters, gifts, all manner of things with a value far greater than money. I considered going back, and thought I might be willing to die to safeguard it. Glad I didn't, even though I didn't have to.

I don't know how many people died in Japan, but as I was watching the footage I felt very much like I did on 9/11. You could just see peoples lives being demolished like it was trivial before nature. Not necessarily people dying, just losing everything.

3. "The time it happened all before, the end was a flood
    Man became so arrogant and paid with his blood
    No lesson was ever learned - our fate stays the same
    Profane civilization will perish in flame"

just saying;):smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87KA3bpkHLQ]Corrosion of Conformity - 10) Great Purification + lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

4. That's why the only place to go is UP!
    To infinity and beyond! *blasts off*

5. Youa re going to lose all your possessions eventually... might aswell accept that now. And that to the Unvierse/Mother Nature, our lives are trivial. What other proof do you need that it's an uncaring Universe than the wrath of Nature?

---

Actually, this world will end in like 5 billion years (or so) when the Sun expands into a Red Giant (or some shit) and ungulfs the Earth in a fire ball (although it will probably burn on it's own before the Sun gets that close.)

So, book (better yet, build) your space-ship tickets while they last... only 5 billion years to figure it out. ;)

6. Flooding is becoming more and more of an issue all over the world. The devastation that it leaves behind is ferocious.

I had a dream that I was going to be hit by a tsunami. I went to the window and saw this wave of water approaching. Quickly figured out that there is no point running so I stood at the window and watched the wave hit. Somehow it stopped just at the window edge and then receded. Weird.

7. Fuckkkk I can't swim :smoke: oh well

8. In a way, that was the play that was going on in my head. I had saved the "valuables", the computer, the stereo, the tv, things that I had thousands tied up in. But the time it was all over, I wished I had saved the real valuables... the artifacts of my life. I wouldn't have wanted to lose those sentimental things.

I said "it's only money," standing next to the most dollar-valuable things I had. It was a total contradiction, and I realized it. It's only money, and yet my memories could be floating down the Iowa River at this very moment... damn these material things!

9. The water .............it wont be the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEp382HIisE]Waterworld Original Film Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    Just "a new beginning"!

I've been to universal a few times ...........so i'm totally ready for it!;):devious:

10. Now I am in full gear preparing for the flood.

I'm planning to insert a PVC pipe into the drains on the bathroom floor and seal the seam with silicon glue. But the end of the pipe will be left open.

The idea is to let the water rise thru the pipe and not overflow. I saw this on the Internet. Hope it works.

11. i always figured i would go hang with a friend who owned a boat if a flood was coming.....
    im glad your take some kind of precautions......but tell me you got a little row boat or canoe on the roof waiting just in case?
    you know....
    we could use something to help reduce the population.....
    and once upon a time nature would do it...with some type of plague....indiscriminately wipe out 2/3 of the population.....

our advances have taken us to a place where that is no longer working out so well....we fucking cure everything.....
    so nature has been trying to take people out with disasters....but we are helping to many of them survive as well....

now some big thinkers somewhere figure...we got to do the job for nature....cus we got to many humans running round.....

they plan all this out ....get everyone who is already unhappy with their lives together all over the world......(occupy wall st)

once they are all together (enough of them in each city) they can simply take them all out at once.....
    it needs to be 2/3s of the population tho.....to be truly effective.....

so the powers that be hit the reset button.....
    and now the worker has a value again.....
    and there are plenty of resources to go round....

and we put some type of breading laws into place so we dont have to hit the reset button again in a few generations...... [EEK!]

12. Ive had a recurring tidal wave dream for years..was definitely the end of the world as we know it..every time

.....once where I actually died and what happened after that has always stayed with me. I even remember what it was like to actually drown...It was all good afterwards though..in a real way...(not a Christian..lol)

Wish you the best in your situation...has to be beyond rough...especially moving/taking care of the kids.

13. The thing is, all the sentimental things only have value in your Heart. As such, they can never be taken from you... as long as there's something to be considered a 'you.' But if you became non-attached to sentiments, then there is nothing that can be taken from you at all. As Lao Tzu said, "The sage has but does not possess."

---

This thread is reminding me of some Modest Mouse lyrics from the song "Blame it on the Tetons."

"Everyone's an ocean drowning,
    With no one really to show how
    They might get a little better air
    If they turned themselves into a cloud."

14. Water world! Humans will just adapt and grow gills like Kevin Costner.

15. ok rabbit go die.

im going to EVOLVE wings

16. There are three roads that links between my house and my factory.

The first and the shortest route is about 40 miles, but it's usually heavy with traffic. The road is small, and there are lots of motorcycles and bicycles. It takes about 60-75 minutes under normal situation.

The second and the fastest route is about 50 miles. It's longer, but the roads are bigger. WAY bigger. I can drive at 70-80 miles per hour speed in many occassions. It takes about 45-60 minutes under normal situation.

The third and the longest route is about 60 miles. It's small back road, with very little traffic. It takes almost a full circle around the area, and it passes through country roads, often used by the farmers' tractors and cow carts. Usually it takes about 90 minutes.

As the flood invaded, the first road to be submerged was the second road. The biggest and the fastest road.

It was hard to concieve that such major motorway could be submerged under two feet of water. But it did.

Then the next to go was the first, and the shortest route. In a matter of couple of days, the water creeped in and flooded the road completely. The last time I drove passed it, the water was about 2 feet high at the shallowest point.

Now there's only one route that connects my house to the factory, which is the long country road.

Luckily not many people know this road, so the traffic is still very light, but I don't think it will be long before people find out about this usually quiet road and fill it with heavy traffic.

Ah... fuck...

17. Dibs on being this guy....

[​IMG]

18. Its always nice to throw a little pink floyd into your threads

19. It really is... Can't help it when I'm listening to it everyday...