When the MJ legalized, stigma is gone

Discussion in 'General' started by Kanatiki, Oct 3, 2010.

1. #1 Kanatiki, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    Just thinking of when Cali (hopefully) legalizes weed soon, but many people would be adversely effected by it. There would be an easier, cost effective way to make better quality paper, making logging jobs obsolete, many people imprisoned would be out and without work, the DEA would lose asstons of jobs, prison jobs too, not to mention all the practical uses of hemp today and the effects it would have on different industry (if still applicable in these modern times). Also the black market would be reduced by alot, making it so illegal profits are even less productive which may or may not have adverse effect on local economies especially, but what about taking the weed out of local hands and making it just another enterprise for fat cats to stick their hands in, making the middle class smaller.

Sure it would lighten the load on the US, create a massive instantaneous revenue, but is it worth it? No im not a drug dealer, but i was just thinking of adverse effects and i think they'd be pretty significant. Not necessarily outweighing the benefits but time will tell. Private prisons would be devastated (woohoo) and police corruption down (YAY!). I think health problems would actually go down due to beneficial effects of weed on the current culture. Stress is just awful. But what are the effects of legalization on the non-users?

When the stigma is gone weed will just be another alcohol, kids will use less (probably and hopefully) and more attention will be paid to harder drugs, who knows what effects it will have on those....

your opinions?