Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When someone elses probation effects you

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Southeast stoner, Mar 3, 2015.

1. So today my roommate went to probation (felony) and was told the house will be randomly visited 2 times a month and that all rooms of the house will be searched, I've never heard Of someone checking through all the shit, that's basically a random search warrant every two months. Looks like I might have to keep my shit hidden like when I was a teenager living at home. What do you guys think?

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

2. Also they said if they found any drug para. Or even a stem or seed and they will violate him and off he goes to jail. Cheers everyone

3. Find a new roommate or move out.

4. That's fucked if he's a good friend I guess smoke outside. If not get a new place or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'd move out. I know, easier said than done. But think of the alternative.

6. Thats fucked up. You should contact his probation officer and bitch about the fact that your shit and YOUR place/space shouldnt be allowed to be looked through.

7. Yeah man it's pretty crazy. We all share a house so my only alternative would be to leave, but it's a good friend that helped me out don't want to leave him high and dry. Cheers!

8. Yup. Sounds like it's time to find a new place/ask your roommate to leave.

9. I just find it a bit ridclious. His charge wasn't even drug related. Proves how narrow minded some police are. Cheers

10. Idk man fuck that that shit. If it's worth it you should be able to fight that a little that sounds like some nazi shit I haven't heard of that before. How old are you? Is it like on school grounds or something? Honestly sounds like theyre just trying to scare you and it doesn't even sound legal, although you shouldn't put that past some sketchy probation workers. Lawyer up, read the laws and educate yourself on your situation.

Get his name off the lease, have him pay you cash. Dare them to come back and fuck with your place. I mean really?

Roommate gets a felony and they think they're allowed to do that. That's a total joke I would have laughed at them.

Sent from this guy

11. Lol I think you mean just dry

12. Yeah it's crazy how much "power" they think they have. Idk man, but either way I'm puffing on some chronic. I've been through probation and it won't stop me today. Cheers! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425421604.146476.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425421629.732489.jpg

13. Yeah, that's the ticket. Tell that fucker it's none of his business who your buddy hangs around with, and whether his friends smoke weed.

Put that fucking P.O. in his place!

14. In my experience, and I've been on probation a few times, they've never actually searched my house.  They never even showed up un-announced.  The only time they ever came to my house it was on scheduled home visits, and they stayed on the porch.  I believe they need to have an actual law enforcement officer with them in order to perform a search, that might just be around here, but it seems like they'd kind of have to anywhere in the U.S.  Because a probation officer can't arrest you should they find something, nor are they really trained to handle what might happen should something be found.  They're desk clerks, not cops.  So if they have to have a cop along, I wouldn't worry about it being a regular thing.  Cops have better things to do.  Not more important things or anything, just handing out ticket and busting more people to put on probation.  

15. Yeah, looks like I'll be outside Toking till they show their hand. Cheers everyone

16. -Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

17. Im randomly drug tested for a fight. Wasnt even under the influence. Wish I was though prob would made me chill out an walk away,even more than I did.

Wish u guys luck.

Credit to: CanIBeShaggy for the avatar/profile pic. Thanks!