When should start 12-12? Also how much to expect [Pics] :o?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NinjaPoodles, Oct 18, 2015.

1. When should I start flowering stage?

Planted from seed (White Voodoo) the 23'th of july (85 days in veg so far), so I was wondering when should I start 12-12 cycle for flowering stage?

Was also wondering how much would they both yeld? They're both a bit over a feet tall and 8 by 8 inches large, 4 tops each and 10-15 side tops each (branch's on sides that tries to top)

They woud be ready to transplant right now, so either I switch to 12-12 now OR transplant and wait 10 days for mass veg, then I switch to 12-12h?
    Which option is better, or is there an even better option?

Thanks in advance !

Attached Files:

2. If it were me, I would pot them up one more time into the largest container I could manage before I flipped them. The larger the plant in veg, the bigger the harvest in the end. The more root room they have, the bigger they're going to grow while in flower. I would be sure to repot them before flower if they've been in those containers for any length of time. It's better to start the flower cycle with your plants in good potent grow soil rather than start them out with nothing left for them to draw from. Good fresh soil will allow the roots to go wild when the flower light hits them and the bigger the root ball, the bigger the plant. There is really no way to make a guess about what you're yield is going to be. You're a long way from harvest and you've got to get them through flower as stress-free as possible to get the most out of them. If you're managing the pH levels of your water/nutes, got them in a good size container with good soil and give them sufficient light for flower....not CFLs....you'll get a pretty nice harvest off them. But it's always a disappointment when you chop and cure them since you lose so much weight in the dry. Good luck! TWW

3. Ight man thanks a lot for the nice advice there, will certainly do as so! I always got told that bigger the pots = more energy put in roots instead of the leafs and flowers, but your explanation makes sens, as more roots = more juice sucked from soil to put in plants afterwards, + always nice to have fresh soil for them !

I'll do that tomorow and give them a last week in the new pots before switching to 12-12, I was wondering though, should I switch directly to 2700k when switching to 12-12 or wait and keep the 6000k during first days/weeks of 12-12?
    Still learning lol

4. Get a better light man. It's worth it. Those two would love a 600 watt hps!!!

5. 85 days veg? Under lit?

6. You NEED to bite the bullet and just go buy yourself a real light. Yes, I've seen what Gold Grower and a few others have done with CFL's but these are experienced growers and in my opinion, by the time you get ten CFL's hooked up you could have had a single 600w HPS on them the whole time.

Dude - take the advice and go buy yourself a 600w HPS and an exhaust vent with some flexible ducting. If you're gonna grow some weed then grow some weed. IMO you're wasting your time with those little lights. You could have been halfway through flower by now if you'd have had a real light from the get go.

You're asking how much you'll get? You could triple your harvest and have much better quality with a 600...

J

7. #7 NinjaPoodles, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    You guys are right about getting a 600w, I will definitely invest some money to get better lighting for my second grow instead of going the Cfl way (got 13 bulbs atm). Truth is I spent 40$ for the setup + seeds (already had bulbs, sockets, pots, soil, nuts around house), but now that I'm really into growing and absolutely Loving the feel of the greenthumb, will clearly BITE the bullet as you say haha and get that light. And wow.. half way through flower :mad: damn... That would have been insane !

I found these classic one;
    http://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX600DHMWING20-60...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPower-250w-400w-600w-1000... (Whats the difference between HPS and MH though?)

If I'm to get a better light, is there a way getting something equivalent to the 600w HPS that doesn't produce much heat close to it's same cost? cause I can't really make an exhaust vent in a condo :l

Maybe something like these? http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-LED-Spotlight-Bul...

8. Sh*t and I though it was normal lol XD Just looked up the time it should normally veg, and damnnn o.o''. How many months will I take to flower? Who knows ! hahaha, but really I'll invest for lighting now I guess heh

9. Next run you know what to do

10. An led will work for less heat if u have the money for a good one.

11. Ohh damn I just noticed both plants are starting to have tons of white hairs on every top :O

12. Yeah I guess it's a wise choice to invest for LEDS if it saves the trouble of finding a way to get an exhaust vent and is also very efficient and less trouble with any heat hazard

13. LEDs are nice and some are very effective, but initial buy in price for similar results will be cheaper with the 600.