When should I trigger flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tonymon1, May 2, 2009.

1. Please feel free to visit the link in my sig to my grow journal for pictures.

I have been vegging for 31 days, shes (hopefully) pretty small though, took some noob abuse along the way. I believe it to be Bubba Kush, mixed bad seed but I'm pretty sure this was a kush seed.

I was going to LST but now I'm not sure what I should do, based on the limited grow space (1ft wide, 3-3.5ft long, 3ft tall) I'm thinking maybe just go natural just to avoid more noob mistakes.

When I took her out last night to water I noticed she is smelling pretty good now.

I haven't even got veg nutes yet because of a MG mishap and I'm thinking I probably will need to switch to flower in about a week, I kept telling myself to be paitent and not think about it, so this ended up creeping up on me. :)

Any advice would be great, here or in my journal. Thanks, I would have never even made it this far if it wasn't for you guys

Side note: The 1 person I told about my grow (I had to for help), was someone who anytime I was try to tell him something about weed would just look at me and say "You think you know something I don't?" He stopped doing that now, and has even asked me what I think someone else he knows should do with their grow. :D

2. If I were you with growing restrictions I would flower now because the plant is going to grow a bit taller during flowering and shit. So u will probably get atleast an ounce, but it will be worth it man once you get that first grow out of the way.

3. I was considering that but I know it will roughly double in size so height wide it is only about 5-6 inchs tall I'd guess I can still hold out a bit, I figure even if it starts getting a little too big I can do some sort of late in the game light lst just to fix it. Plus I need at least 2 more 2700k's so it will be at least a couple more days. I gotta give it a good look and maybe a better picture go see how much room I have for sure when the lights come on, and figure out if I need to rush it.

I guess I'm skipping vegs nutes though lol. For some reason I was in the mindset I still had a month to go. Hopefully flower will feel like that :hello:

4. Checked it last night it's about 6 inchs, so I can let it veg out another leaf set or two no problem.

I want to switch soon though, just because I want this grow over so I can start fresh now that I have learned from my mistakes. The problem is I don't think I have anymore high quality seeds and I don't feel too comfortable buying them online.