When should I transplant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Milo916, Jul 4, 2019.

1. got these from a friend on Sunday, when is it safe to transplant into 40 gal pots IMG_0694.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i should wait till the clones make a really good root mass in the pots ,or you could pot them up in to a bigger pots let them make a root mass in the bigger pots them pot in to the 40gal pots,mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. How long should I let them get stronger in the next size pot before 40 gal pot?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wait until the roots come out of all sides in your current pot. Your plant being 1-2 feet tall would also be a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd put them into their final pots now. I've read about transplanting into successively larger pots but that doesn't happen in nature and they do just fine. If they were recently transplanted into those pots you might wait until they grow enough roots to hold the soil together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ok will do, when transplanted in final pots should I still kinda shade them or let them go and take full sunlight!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hi 'Cactus Ed ,,in a away i agree with what you have said ,which if the op had been a grower before would be ok ..but i think he is a a new grower ,and a lot of new growers tend to over water the plant if its a larger container ,,( or under water it ) ,,so myself i'd pot the plant up jut one more time just to get a bigger root ball ,before the final potting up ,,,mac

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sounds safest which size up do you recommend? Would this container be big enough? Thanks [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. yea that would be ok ..weeds a fast grower so that will be ok get a good root ball in that pot then in to the 40gal container ,,your goin to get a Big plant them ,best of luck ,,mac.
    ps like the tattoos mate ,,,mac.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Milo916, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019

12. Thanks for the feedback! If I transplant them to the white containers Sunday, how long would you recommend leaving them in the white containers, before final home

• Like Like x 1
  13. id wait till the root start to go around the bottom of the pots or till you see roots coming out of the bottoms of the pots ..mac..

14. I transplanted one as an experiment to see if it would survive straight into a 30 gal pot no gradual moving up. The other 2 clones that are going into the 40 gal pots I’m going to follow your advice and wait til I can see roots at the bottom....here’s some pics of the transplant[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. yea it'll grow ok in the 30gal pot .just be careful you dont over water or under water the plant ..i taken it there are holes in the bottom of the 30 and 40 gal pots ,luck with ya grow ,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah they are the cloth pots so it drains well

17. IMO the less you transplant the better off youll be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. If you have a place with partial shade you can put them there for a couple of days before full sunlight. If not you can slowly let them get accustomed to full sun over about 3 days. I put out a couple about the same size as yours the other day from T5s into full sun but in a spot that only gets full sun a few hours a day and after 3 days I put them in their final spot and they've done fine. You can google hardening off for other opinions about how to go about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1