When should I transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shanaenae, Apr 11, 2017.

1. I know it looks like the plant is under/overwatered but it rained in my area recently so I put it inside so the leaves aren't "awake" yet since I just put them outside . I'm not too sure what size the pot is but im just wondering when I should transplant the plant [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What is the pot size ??? Im not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It could probably go another 2 weeks in that pot in my opinion. Have you started nutes yet? If not I'd think about starting low dose.

3. when it becomes taller and wider than the container.
    *edit: well... taller and wider than your soil level. fill 'em on up next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. yes I give it nutes and what size pot should I transfer it in?

5. Yea... I ran outta soil thanks for the info

6. Unless you just started giving nutes, I'd bump them up just a tad, looks like it needs a little more.

Pot size is up to you, mostly depends on how long they veg for, and for indoor grows how much space you have/how many plants you have.

7. So what would be the minimum size pot needed for any average indica plant ?

8. There's technically no min. size, but for a decent yield I'd say at least a few gallons. I'd probably go with 5 gallons, tho some people go way bigger than that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 HarveyHarvester, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    I veg mine out 8-9 weeks or so in what i think may be a 3 gallon trash can and flower in a 10 gallon trash can.
    I have flowered in a 7.5 gallon trash can first grow but it was rooted up to the point of being root-bound after harvest.

*edit: more roots = more bud.
    *edit again: there is a photo of the 10 gallon dumped out after harvest if you want to see how it rooted that up. its at end of #3 NL finished thread in sig.