When should I transfer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlexHzzz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. This seedling is 8 days old, I put a quarter next to it for comparison.
    It's in a pretty small container so I was wondering when I should put it in its larger pot.

image-3618858927.jpg

First grow btw

2. Id transplant in about a week. also your soil doesnt look too good, what are you using? might want to transplant into something else, check out the organic growing section of this forum, there are some stickied instructions on mixing great soil that only requires watering through the entire grow, no need to add nutrients, flush or check pH.

3. I wouldn't know exactly, it's from one of those store bought indoor plants, and I just simply removed the previous plant.
    And I'll make sure to check it out.
    I never planned on using any nutrients, and I only water using rain water.

4. rain water is great if you live in an area with little air polution, though even the less clean tap water should be ok if you let it stand open for the chlorine to escape for a couple of hours. chlorine in the water would endanger beneficial microbes in the soil.

reusing soil without amending it at all is generally not a good idea. cheap plants you buy are mostly in chemically fertilized cheap soil, somethign that you defenitly should not use for cannabis. using a good organic soil mix with proper aeration will greatly increase the quality of your harvest, so I suggest you invest a bit of money in good soil ingredients. most of the stuff you will need will come in bigger sizes than required for one pot of soil, but a mix thats good for cannabis will also work great on almost all other plants that you might have.

5. I'll stop by my nearby garden shop soon, and yeah.
    I live in an rural area