When should I top? 16 days old 4 Unknown Strains

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CurlyGrower, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Hello all. Just curious about when a good time to top is, or does this depend on strain? The strains are unknown. MVIMG_20190716_221947.jpg

2. It depends on what you intend to do. You can top from the 4th set of leaves on, but for manifolding/mainlining/fluxing (diff. names for the same thing, basically) it's recommended to wait until there are 6 sets of leaves, then top down to the third set and clean off the bottom two sets of leaves so you're left with a "Y" shaped plant with 2 branches and 2 leaves.

This is a pretty good tutorial on Manifolding, if you're interested.
    From the same site, basic topping techniques

Your plants look great btw. :)

3. Yeah the plants are really coming along. Such a gratifying project! I definitely want to get these "milestone" steps right as I have never done this before. I know it can really help the yield when topped properly. Thanks again for the direction.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3rd node then top.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Looks like it's time to transplant.

6. Yep transplanting today. Checked the root development last watering and looked good. Just had to let the soil dry a lil. Thanks for the heads up! IMG_20190715_110236.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3rd to 5th node