When should I switch to flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by m420p, Jul 14, 2011.

1. I have 2 plants in DWC that have been in veg. for just over 4 weeks. They are not that tall because I've been LSTing the crap outta them. I have height restrictions and idk how big they are going to get when I switch so I need some help. I have a couple smaller ones that will be moved to my veg room when I switch and 2 in soil that are already ready to flower. I will also be putting a scrog screen over them. My gut tells me to wait a couple more weeks but I heard they can grow 2 to 3 times bigger in flower so if thats the case I think I should switch now. Here's some pics:

Attached Files:

2. anyone? need more info?

3. anywhere from 2x to 3x the size, depending on light and nutes and soil. i don't know how much room you have so couldn't tell ya.

4. I'm using a 1000 watt air cooled MH that converts to HPS. It has a 250 CFM fan cooling the lamp and blowing the hot air out of the room. At the moment the light is about 3 ft. from the top of the plants and I can't raise it up anymore(attic grow). Thats why Im worried they are going to get to big If I don't switch them soon. I want them about level with the top of the fan in the background, maybe shorter, thats why Im going to do a scrog as well if I have too. Will they still double or triple in size because Iv been LSTing them?

5. no they double/ triple in size during flower just because they grow that fast. and yes you should probably start flowering. and scrog would be perfect for an attic grow. you are gonna get some fat buds.

6. and i think you should drop down your light a little if it's keeping cool enough

7. #7 m420p, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    Heres some pics of my height. As for Nutes and soil, Im not using soil, Im doing hydroponics(DWC) and Im using Advanced Nutrients.

Edit: I take that back, I do have two in soil but they were pretty much experiments as far as nutrients and soil goes. More worried about the Hydro plants.

Attached Files:

8. I thought about dropping the light down a little, I have the AC blowing right over the plants and the air cooled hood keeps it cooler than before so it would pry be a good idea. I also thought about adding a intake to the other side of the hood straight from outside.

9. I hope so, can't wait, this is my first hydro/indoor grow. But alright, Im going to give them a couple more days because I'm going to insulate the ceiling and then adjust my light and move the smaller ones to the veg room and watch the magic.

10. With all that LST they'll probably double, not triple, and you can always LST more. You could probably go a little longer, but really their ready to switch over any time you want.

11. #11 Sidistyk, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    First top them a few days before you turn over, this will force them to bush out instead of shoot up. If they begin to get too tall, trellis your plants (which you should be doing by week 3 anyway) and weave the branches through your trellis to keep them low. I have weaved like this in a clockwise pattern so one plant is not running too far into the next, if you get my drift...

*edited to add:
    Normally you want to turn over at 1 foot.

12. This is about what I was thinking, Ill pry wait a little longer and switch after Im done fixing my room. Thanks for the help everyone!

13. Damn those are good looking plants, nice job...looks like you'll have plenty of room to flower without doing anything to them.

14. Thanks alot! Really didn't know what to expect as this is my first indoor/hydro grow. Iv ran into a few small problems but I'm sure most growers do. But I tell you what, they would not look this good if not for all the weeks of research while I was waiting for my medical card. Gotta love the internet and fellow growers advice.

15. Hey man... Nice grow, those ladies are gonna put oot some serious bud for ya. You should consider a scrog if you have height restrictions... It really allows you more control over em...

Flip that switch dood... They are ready..
    5 gal buckets? You got a res? Those ladies are gonna drink lots in late flower..

-trails

16. Ya, I planned on a scrog if needed and I'm using 3 gal. at the moment but have 5 gal. when they start drinking alot. I plan on flippin the switch here in a couple days after i insulate the ceiling and fix up my veg. room. Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming. lol