When should I switch to 12/12??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hambonemcgee, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I am growing under 278w of CFL, and I currently am at 20/4 lighting. I don't want these guys to get too tall for the CFL's ability to penetrate. They will be 3 weeks of veg on Tuesday (3days). I just lst'd them today to give the secondary growth a chance to get some light. I wonder what would be the right time to switch them to 12/12?? If they stay under 2 ft, I think my CFL's will do pretty good.

Gimme some advice!! I wanted to post photos here, but the forum won't allow it, but if you check out the last update on my journal, you can see the size of the plants as of today, Thanks!!!

2. You can switch wheneveryou want. Some people go the whole way 12/12, if size is a factor, I think go ahead a switch now. I just switched a 2 1/2 week to 12 / 12 because my current grow is still nowhere near finished flowering at 9 weeks of 12/12 and I vegged her 6 weeks, I'm just trying to speed up the speed to bong pack process.

3. put your plants on 12/12 when they are half the size you want them to be. so if u have 4 feet of space and your plants are 2 feet tall, then 12/12 them. Remember that some plants take a week or 2 before showing sex even after 12/12ed so its better to flower them early then too late and not have enough room.

4. the longer you veg the more bud you will get however saying that i have switched to 12/12 after three weeks and still had good results

5. That's good to know for I have just switched to 12/12 yesterday and it is just shy of 3 weeks. I figured if they got much larger, the Cfl's would have difficulty penetrating the foliage.